Tips for Tangerine Dream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for Tangerine Dream

I bought Tangerine Dream seeds can you give me any tips???

Originally posted by 420 View Post
    I bought Tangerine Dream seeds can you give me any tips???
    Hey 420

Yes indeed I can. Nice choice. I just ordered from Cannabis Seeds | World Wide Delivery from Gorilla Seed Bank and received Critical Neville Haze, Full Moon and Acapulco Gold all Feminized. Are yours feminized?

What medium are you going to grow in, Hydro or soil? Lets start with germination. What method are you planning to start those seeds? paper towel or rockwool cubes?

Tangerine Dream is a pretty easy strain to grow. I grew 2 batches of this strain. 11 plants, altogether. I grew them in soil and indoors. I started them under 2 twin socket 26wt. cfl's till around day 15, then they went under a 400 wt MH HID for 2 and a half months before they went to Bloom.

They grow to medium height and respond well to below recommended amounts of nutrients.

All but one of these plants are Tangerine Dreams. Let me know what you plan to do regarding germination and we can go from there.

DSCN1849 W.jpgDSCN1846 W.jpgDSCN1845 W.jpgDSCN1844 W.jpg

Comment

OK, First I soak my seeds in Gibberellic Acid (Super Grow) and Spring Water over night, this helps germinate then the paper towel method and then after germination I use Root Riot Cubes under a Jump Start High Output T5 Grow Light System then into a seed starting potting mix and after they get going real good I'll transplant to a 3/1 mixture of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and perlite into 5gal. Fabric Smart Pots.
      My grow tent is a 2'x4'x6'11" GGT 24 (Gorilla Grow Tent) I figure if that if I can get three nice plants in the tent I'll be happy! I have a 400/250 Solis Tek Ballast, but I'm not sure what size bulb to go with, because I'm not a rich man and afraid that a 400w metal halide and 400w HPS will put my light bill way up! and I live on Disability I'm a paraplegic. Last year was my first grow and I used a 250w magnetic, the Solis Tek is digital.
      Anything I should do different I'm all ears. THANKS!!!

Comment

OK, First I soak my seeds in Gibberellic Acid (Super Grow) and Spring Water over night, this helps germinate then the paper towel method and then after germination I use Root Riot Cubes under a Jump Start High Output T5 Grow Light System then into a seed starting potting mix and after they get going real good I'll transplant to a 3/1 mixture of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and perlite into 5gal. Fabric Smart Pots.
        My grow tent is a 2'x4'x6'11" GGT 24 (Gorilla Grow Tent) I figure if that if I can get three nice plants in the tent I'll be happy! I have a 400/250 Solis Tek Ballast, but I'm not sure what size bulb to go with, because I'm not a rich man and afraid that a 400w metal halide and 400w HPS will put my light bill way up! and I live on Disability I'm a paraplegic. Last year was my first grow and I used a 250w magnetic, the Solis Tek is digital.
        Anything I should do different I'm all ears. THANKS!!!

O.K. First off On your seeds, you say you would be fine with 3 good plants. I need to ask you are your seeds Fiminized? If not you will need to start at least 7 of them, the reason being is that most regular seeds will turn out 50% female. You might get lucky there and have more turn out female, if so you can still fit them into your tent, or pick the best 3 to grow.

Germinating your seeds. Start them 1/2 inch down in those root cubes, ( I am thinking that the cubes you are describing are similar to rock wool cubes), instead off paper towels. I use the rock wool cubes with a seedling heating mat under a dome with vents closed, to start mine, then transplant those cubes into soil mix 2-3 weeks out.

If you have cubes that are similar to rock wool cubes, forget the paper towels and start them in the cubes instead. You want to soak those cubes in water for an hour or so, then squeeze them just a tad and place your seeds in them. If you do not have a dome (cloning, or seedling dome) you can put your cubes w/seeds into a tuperware container and cover them with some plastic wrap (saran wrap) Clear thin plastic wrap like from the kitchen, that you wrap food in.

Do you have a heating pad? If so put that container w/seeds in cubes on top of that heating pad (cover the heating pad with a hand towel) which should be set on low setting and cover the whole thing with a bath towel and leave it alone for 3-4 days. The heating pad and the water in the cubes will do the magic and you will have a tap root within 4 days. Set a couple tooth pics under each side of each cube to lift it off the bottom of the container to allow for those tap roots to exit the cubes safely. Moisture and temp. are the keys here to successful germination. Seeds come with enough food in them to last 2 weeks. then feed with a few drops of superthrive, or whatever you are planning to feed during veg, but diluted, start them off slowly on nutrients. Make sure you have the correct nutrients for veg. I use fox farms grow big to grow thru veg.

On you lighting. T5's are good to start out with for the first 3 weeks. Your plants will be ready for HID lighting in about 3 weeks. You will have to take the hit on your electric bill, if you want vigorous growth. 400wt is what you want after week 3. Use the light, it will give your plants the light they need to grow healthy. Veg them for 8-10 weeks for best results.

Soil you have is great, but could be better. there are several ingredients you need also. Read my soil recipe here in the growing indoor section, under soil recipes. You will see the reasons why you need more than just potting mix and perlite after reading the recipe.

You want to add more than just perlite. Plants need stuff in the soil for root development. They also need extra nitrogen (blood meal) for vigorous early growth.Try to add as much ingredients as you can described in my soil recipe, for best results. My soil recipe will show you how to start your plants off with the best possible results. Try to add as mush stuff there as you can. Remember that when your done growing these plants they will be top shelf buds, so give them what they need in the soil, so you don't have to add stuff later on in your grow.

Your soil is critical, for killer smoke. Why grow them if your not providing them with all that's needed. I understand you are on a budget, but I will go without food to give my plants what they need to grow top shelf quality medicine. Also remember these plants will be worth hundreds of dollars worth of finished buds, if you grow them right. so spend the money and cut back elsewhere. You already have a good set~up, so do it right.

Good luck and write me back if you need more help. Start them to Bloom after 8-10 weeks. Use fox farm nutrient trio, it works great. There are other growers that use different nutrients, but I have had great results for my plants using fox farms nutrient trio line~up. also all you have to do is read the label on the bottles and only use (half) of what they tell you to use, for best results. Fox Farms has a nutrient schedule you can download from their website to give you the right amounts and how much and how often, it should be available at foxfarmsnutrients.com or their website should be on the back of the bottle.

Happy growing
        Last edited by Blaze4daze; 10-16-2013, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Here are some photo's of Tangerine Dreams in veg.

And finished

DSCN1831 Forum.jpg

Attachments not shown here but shown on next post, go to page 2 (next page) to see photo's.
          Last edited by Blaze4daze; 10-16-2013, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Attachments not working, Lets try that again.

DSCN1708.jpgDSCN1662.jpgDSCN1693.jpg

Tangerine Dreams in veg. Left photo shows plants after heavy defoliation. I was experimenting with a growing technique to keep them short and bushy.
            Last edited by Blaze4daze; 10-16-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Lookin good blazd! Hope they produce as good as their rep is! Lol keep updating pics as they grow, I'm dying to see them get bigger and how fast they'll grow

Comment

tacoman

These are just a few photo's of a grow I did last year, to help 420 get started. If you want to see the full grow, go to our growing indoor section, here, and find "How I grow the tall sativa" you will see the entire grow from there.

If you want more photo's and growing info, follow my Grow diary's of ("Growing an Eldorado") and if you want more, ("Growing a feminized Jock Horror") in the grow diary section, here on the site.

Then you can comment appropriately.
                Last edited by Blaze4daze; 10-16-2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

tacoman

apparently when you clicked here, you missed page 1, this is page two.

Comment

OK Blazd4Daz, I appreciate all the info. you can give me, and I do buy feminized seeds, mine came from the Attitude Seed Bank, You sound like a pro. when it comes to growing so I'll follow your advice to the letter, I do have a seedling heat mat w/thermostat, tray w/Dome, the Fox Farm trio nutrient line-up, the Root Riot cubes are rock wool cubes and you say to skip the paper towel method and after soaking seeds go right to the cube ? I always liked to see that the tap root has started then place it into the cube, but it is at a fragile stage and I sure don't want to cause any damage. What temp. should I set the thermostat at ?. Yes I realize that I'll need more than perlite and Ocean Forest soil but at the beginning I always thought that for the first few weeks or so the Fox Farm provided plenty of nutrients. Blood Meal sounds like a great additive, I'm just wondering where I can find that at this time of year, I'll find it!!! I also agree about going without food to give my plants what they need. I got Fox Farms nutrient schedule when I bought the three pack. Does Tangerine Dream get nice sized buds. Last year was my first grow so I chose Big Bud by Fantaseeds and those colas were huge!!! Right now I have eight different types of seeds but most have a high percentage of Indica but this year I want to try seed with a higher Sativa strain. I also bought Ryan Riley's e-books on how to grow marijuana, now that I feel was a good investment, lots of reading material there. BUT your the guy I'm going to take advice from this year... THANK YOU!!!

Comment

Lol yeah I just caught page 2, I thought you were starting a new thread.. My bad! Delete my comments if you wish lol.. And has anyone had any experience with white widow? If so, how strong is the odor? I have like 100+ seeds from a guy who bred his last batch since he was gonna stop growing for a while Nd wouldn't have any mothers to clone from.. They are pretty decent looking seeds.. Doubt they are fem'd but i don't care much because the theory that those seeds genetics are more prone to stress since the main source of fem seeds come from female plants stressed into hermy producing it's own seeds.. I just rather grow an extra couple seeds and cut out the males as they come along.. But back to topic.. Has anyone had experience with ww? I'm going to be growing in an area where scent is my main enemy.. I don't know how well ill be able to manage the smell, but I've got a plan (posted a thread with some questions about it under grow room setup) that I hope will be full proof, but I'd rather start with something less stinky just to get a grasp of how well my plan works so that I can make a judgment call weather I can grow upto say some skunkies and cheese.. But my post isn't getting much reply, if you could go check it out and post your opinions there, I'd really appreciate it

Comment

OK Blazd4Daz, I appreciate all the info. you can give me, and I do buy feminized seeds, mine came from the Attitude Seed Bank, You sound like a pro. when it comes to growing so I'll follow your advice to the letter, I do have a seedling heat mat w/thermostat, tray w/Dome, the Fox Farm trio nutrient line-up, the Root Riot cubes are rock wool cubes and you say to skip the paper towel method and after soaking seeds go right to the cube ? I always liked to see that the tap root has started then place it into the cube, but it is at a fragile stage and I sure don't want to cause any damage. What temp. should I set the thermostat at ?. Yes I realize that I'll need more than perlite and Ocean Forest soil but at the beginning I always thought that for the first few weeks or so the Fox Farm provided plenty of nutrients. Blood Meal sounds like a great additive, I'm just wondering where I can find that at this time of year, I'll find it!!! I also agree about going without food to give my plants what they need. I got Fox Farms nutrient schedule when I bought the three pack. Does Tangerine Dream get nice sized buds. Last year was my first grow so I chose Big Bud by Fantaseeds and those colas were huge!!! Right now I have eight different types of seeds but most have a high percentage of Indica but this year I want to try seed with a higher Sativa strain. I also bought Ryan Riley's e-books on how to grow marijuana, now that I feel was a good investment, lots of reading material there. BUT your the guy I'm going to take advice from this year... THANK YOU!!!
                        Thanks 420

I'll be here for you , Totally. I see your from Wisconsin, My mother was born in Milwaukee, right down the street from The Harley Davidson factory. I also have 2 cousins that live there too. One of my cousin owns the cheese factory, a small retail store that makes and sells all kinds of cheeses. Crazy!

Temp. on heating mat should be on low. Ace hardware, or home depot has blood meal. Or just about any garden supply store might have it also.

I don't mess with the seeds, just let them start and get a good tap root started. By the time it reaches the bottom of the cube, It's well on it's way. Then the whole cube gets placed into your starter pot.
                        DSCN2011.jpgDSCN2012 W.jpgDSCN2076.jpg

DSCN2075.jpg

Shown above, from cube to starter pot to Air bag. This way you will get to add your mykos and worm castings, when you transplant, each time to give them instant root support with the Mykos.

Comment

oops! It missed this one.DSCN2042 W.jpg

I add worm castings in the soil mix and around the bottom of the transplant, also.

Comment

Here are the finished buds. All Tangerine Dreams.

DSCN1915 W.jpgDSCN1912 W.jpgDSCN1910 W.jpgDSCN1909 W.jpg
                            Last edited by Blaze4daze; 10-16-2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Blazd4Daz, By the way how did this heavy defoliation turn out?

Comment

Working...
                              X