No announcement yet.

Tips for Tangerine Dream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blazd4Daz, Never mind I see the pictures on the finished product. Good Job!!!

Comment

Thanks 420

These turned out real nice. Good daytime smoke, lets you get your work done and still be able to think straight, sorta. Does not make you want to find a chair, but makes you feel excited and way high. I still have jars left and smoke it daily, my favorite daytime strain, so far.

I am currently growing an Eldorado and a Jock Horror, both feminized and those plants grows are featured here in the grow diary section.

My next grow after those will be From Bomb Seeds - Explosive cannabis seeds genetics from Bomb Seeds I will be growing an Atomic Bomb and a Ice Bomb to give myself some nice Indica night time smoke. After all these Sativa's I must have some Indica dominate hybrid strains to really enjoy my evenings.

I am only growing 2 plants at a time, now to supply only myself with good quality medicine. As having grown multi~plant grows, for the last few seasons, I have plenty of killer Daytime Sativa.

Good luck with you seeds.

Comment

Blazd4Daz, I can't figure out how to use this forum so this question is out of place but I need some advice, My tent is 2'x4'x7' I live in Wisconsin, My grow tent is cold 66 degrees, never had this problem with my HID's, can I put this small oscillating heater that's (4.5"x5"x16") to warm the tent? or what would you suggest? otherwise I'm considering getting the LED out and putting the HID lighting up. What do you think? Peace, 420

Comment

Originally posted by 420 View Post
          Blazd4Daz, I can't figure out how to use this forum so this question is out of place but I need some advice, My tent is 2'x4'x7' I live in Wisconsin, My grow tent is cold 66 degrees, never had this problem with my HID's, can I put this small oscillating heater that's (4.5"x5"x16") to warm the tent? or what would you suggest? otherwise I'm considering getting the LED out and putting the HID lighting up. What do you think? Peace, 420

That's O.K. I guess the best place for you to post a question like this, I would think, would be in the "Grow room design and set~up" section.

Yes, you can use a small space heater to heat your tent. I use a small one (6''x12"x6'') with a built in thermostat to heat my grow area, when the LED"s are off. This morning my workshop building where my grow area's are, is 52*f. Outdoor temp. is 34*f. Grow room temp. is 81*f with Light on and no heater. Building is partially insulated and with no other heat source, other than a space heater in the grow area part of the 18'x26'x14' building with workshop/grow area's.

My bloom area is 4'x8'x7'. My 1200wt. equivalent LED does heat the grow area enough to not have to run a space heater, when light is on, because I insulated the grow room when I built it. I also set it up to have "light on" period during the night, when it's the coldest outdoors.

When the grow light goes off, the space heater is set to come on at around 68*f, heats and goes off at around 80*f. or there abouts.

Good Luck.
          Last edited by Blaze4daze; 11-26-2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Hi guys. Great discussion, it deserves a thread of its own as we are way off topic of Top 5 THC Strains. So I put it here. Hope you don't mind, it just helps me to keep it tidier.
            Admin

Comment

Hay Blazd4Daz, That sure sounds like a great heater for my tent!!! How about giving me the brand name and where I would be able to purchase it from, that information sure would be great.

Comment

Administrator I don't mind at all, sorry I have things out of order but I'm lost around the site!!!

Comment

Come on Blazd4Daz!!! Help a fellow grower out what kind of heater you use? and where can I get one? my yield will be terrible it I can't get the heat temp up a bit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 420 View Post
                    Come on Blazd4Daz!!! Help a fellow grower out what kind of heater you use? and where can I get one? my yield will be terrible it I can't get the heat temp up a bit!!!

Lol! Head on over to home depot and look for that lady that is always standing there, greeting customers and ask her where the heaters are located. Look for the brand "FeatureComforts" model #0330563, they run about $27 bucks, if I remember correctly, maybe a few dollars, less. I bought 2 of them, 3 years ago and might not be available now, but look for

* 2 heat settings
                    * Adjustable thermostat
                    * Oscillation setting
                    * Cool~touch housing
                    * Auto safety shut~off

If not Oscillating, that's fine too, or anything close to these features.

Must be getting a bit nippy there. How is your grow going?

Snow here and my heater is running when the LED's are off. Just harvesting my last plant yesterday and finishing~up today. Lucky me I am shutting down the grow room till end of Feb. so I don't have to worry about heating them for a few months, or RH. First time in 3 and a half years I'm not growing anything. But just for a few months till the cold weather is on the way out.

Any small space heater made now days will work. just make sure it has a built in thermostat. Good Luck.

Comment

I just now, saw your first post about the heater, or I would have answered sooner.

Comment

Thanks Blazd4Daz, Usually our have been getting pretty warm! But Damn! this year it reminds me of winters of 40 years ago and winter actually don't begin until the 21st. The lakes are even safe to drive on and ice fish, that's early! I like growing in winters because I don't have to worry about spider mites, Never had that problem anyway. As for how my grow is doing? I got to invest in a good camera. but for now I'll say that they are looking pretty good right now I have 4 plants growing 2 are over a foot tall and the other 2 are all of a foot and 1/2 and their stalk is twice the size of a pencil, but at their start the lower pair of actual leaves died off early so they have an umbrella look but are doing real good now, I topped one and that girl is really looking nice, I think that I'm going to leave them go longer than average in veg. I realize that one plant may have to go do to the room I got, but I'll keep you posted possibly with pictures. Thanks for the info. Peace, 420

Comment

Yes, pretty wicked weather, here too. Just got back to back snow storms. 3 homes here with family to dig out and cut firewood for, been busy as a beaver getting it all done. Had a slip and fall, a few months back, stuck with a bad right hip, for now, so it all took time to get done. Had to wait till hip got better to catch~up on stocking in the firewood. Almost waited to late for that.

Glad your plants are growing good. Sounds like their way healthy.

Got the Girl Scout Cookie from Cali Connection, thru Gorilla seeds, "Cali Girl Scout Cookies" and will be starting one of them, come Feb., along with Blueberry and Full Moon. I got so much bud right now, from these last two plants, it's ridicules, Just need a break from growing for a bit. 3 and a half years, non stop has been loads of fun, but a short break is sounding awful good.
                          Last edited by Blaze4daze; 12-18-2013, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X