Flushing your plants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flushing your plants

Hi, ive read that you should "flush" your plants before they go into the bloom room and then once during and then again right before harvest.???? is this right? Also I did do 3 of my plants when I put them in the bloom room and the next morning they were kind of yellow in the center??

I don't know what the other folks do but I only flush at the end of flowering/ harvest. The only time I flush during grow is if I see a problem and need to clean the dirt. If over fertilizing and your plant goes off. I believe that flushing without a problem is not what I want to do. You flush - you wash out the nuets - YMMV - slo

Comment

• froggy
      froggy commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks slo han.. the one time I did it my plants did look a little shocked. and what does YMMV mean... im knew

There is no problem in flushing a plant even though there is nothing wrong. I think its a good idea to flush a plant at least once a month, stops any potential of having a salt build up that can result in nute lock. And i tend to flush a few days before i know i am going to be turning to 12/12.

Comment

• froggy
      froggy commented
      Editing a comment
      im smiling because I knew this would happen. everyone has there own ways of growing. ive been reading both of your "stuff" and you both really sound like you know what your doing. ;o) so as ive read I guess its all what works for each other.. or comparing things. thanks. the ones that yellowed a bit when I put them in the bloom room has recovered just fine. katzie what your sayin is what ive read.

I totally agree with what katziwolf has just said. And yes your right, we all have our own way of doing things. As long as the outcome is dense beautiful buds,, then alls good.. Keeping it green.

Comment

YMMV = your mileage may vary - exactly what is happening here - there will always be differences and changes. I am not a pro grower by any means. Used to do this 20 years ago and am playing catch up. That's why I'm here. I make my own dirt and I do funny things like use lemon juice/ egg shells/ peroxide and any other witches brew that will help me to the end process of those dense beautiful buds that the green speaks of. I recently stuffed a jar with some nice train wreck buds that was grown w/ 2 cfl's. I feel they are better than tubes. Like katzie I incorporated some led with my operation. To be honest I'm looking for more and better lighting as I am moving into a real room in the future. - -stick around, we'll confuse you some more with our different grows and Ideas. It's about having fun w/ our hobby and learning what works best for each - slo-han

Comment

thanks slo-han. This new site has been a lot of fun for me. I also have planted a lot and along time ago. I never did the 2 rooms till now. I have 2 plants in the bloom room for one month today and the buds are still small and there are plenty of white hairs. is it because I am using the tube florescence? is that what cfi is? (gotta learn a lot) My hubby built my rooms for me and I don't want to have to ask him to change the lighting. I can handle having to wait a little longer..

Comment

CFL Compact Fluorescent Lamp, I was using 200w CFL 2 of them actually.

Comment

• froggy
            froggy commented
            Editing a comment
            katzie I am using 2 fluorescent hoods with a total of 4 tubes. (they are grow lights) I don't want to spend much more money then I have building the rooms and buying what I needed.... will the fluorescents do the trick? I know my buds are kinda small and I have had them in the bloom room since 4-21????

What katzie say's is right on. I used 2 250 watt cfl's for my grow, I started with one blue/veg bulb and then was advised to incorporate the 250 watt red I had. In a stealth grow(small) I would choose these. I has a bit more room( a motorhome shower) which took 2 like they were made for it - happy times - you might want to look into leds as they have been improving and need looking into. Katz bought some expensive sucker that is doing him well, I opted for some cheepies 2 and getting used to them was a trip but alas I have figured it out. The tubes are good for starting and some go to the end with them but the amount of bud is small compared to cfl and up. Once again YMMV - tee hee!--slo

Comment

I just flushed my Auto Somango and was pretty amazed at how quickly she turned yellow. From vibrant green leaves to looking all yellow and busted up overnight! I know it is to be expected but it still made my heart drop when I went in and saw her! She's cropped now and smelling gorgeous.

Comment

• froggy
              froggy commented
              Editing a comment
              mine yellowed too but in a couple days they looked really good

froggy if you can get any CFL's on the sides of your plants it will help a lot too. And you still have another month+ before it will be ready to harvest. So lots of time for your buds to fatten up more.

Comment

awesome for some reason I was thinkin it would only take one month in the bloom room... I wont pout to much yet. thanks katz

Comment

Get a jewelers eye and watch you plant mature with it - it's a trip - you can watch funny things grow and happen. Mine has 3 variables on it and is great also for finding bugs that are minute but harmful. Remember the name Neems oil and get some non bleach dish soap and a sprayer - they will no doubt come in quite handy. I think I remember you saying you are using "some top soil" - It can have bugs - I used to cook my dirt in the oven to kill all the bad guy's - have fun - slo

Comment

thanks slo-han. I have a magnifying glass. I have also hear about baking dirt to make it steril.. the top soil is new from the store tho.

Comment

is that jewelers eye much different?

Comment

its more powerful froggy then a normal magnifying glass

Comment

Working...
                      X