No announcement yet.

Flushing your plants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of place can I find that? I like to look at my buds with the magnifying glass so I think I would get excited looking thru a jewelers eye

Comment

Originally posted by froggy View Post
      Hi, ive read that you should "flush" your plants before they go into the bloom room and then once during and then again right before harvest.???? is this right? Also I did do 3 of my plants when I put them in the bloom room and the next morning they were kind of yellow in the center??

Hi Froggy. This is what I do, using Gro-dan rockwool hydroponic medium to base my plants in, 6" cube per plant: Using a splotch of blackstrap (or organic) molasses, to 5 gallons of water, I flush the roots of my plants 1-2 weeks prior to harvest. There are good instructional videos on YouTube when searched for on this topic which should clear up much indecision.

Comment

Whats a splotch? lol

Comment

Originally posted by froggy View Post
          what kind of place can I find that? I like to look at my buds with the magnifying glass so I think I would get excited looking thru a jewelers eye
          I bought mine from the hydroponic store i get my supplies from.

Comment

the jewelers eye katz? I thought I would have to find it at a jewelry shop. .......... I grow my plants in soil and when I flushed them I just kept running water thru the dirt I didn't take the plant out of the pot.

Comment

• thegreengrower
              thegreengrower commented
              Editing a comment
              You don't take the plant out of the pot to flush.
              And if you can't get a jewellery loup then a cheap microscope will do just as well.

The jewellers magnifyers are real cheap on Ebay.

Comment

A jeweler's eye is designed to leave your hands free, it slips around your eye like a monicle. Mine is a little different as I also play with rocks and crystals and is hand held. It contains three levels of optics(3 glasses). The only down fall is the hand held thing leaving only one free. I also have a hood I wear like a dentist has(or jeweler). I'm not promoting this just stating the usefulness of these. I watch my plants pretty close as a bug can do a bunch of damage before one notices. It is also useful come bud time as you can see your trichromes way better and helps decide when it's picken time. Welcome to a really weird and fun hobby, the more I read the weirder it gets what people use in this hobby to achieve the goal before them.

Comment

Thanks slohan. I guess what I wanna know.... is it something that in NEED, to know when its time to harvest. or is it something that is fun to have to enjoy our "hobby" I have a neighbor that owns a pawn shop and I bet I could borrow one of his just to see if it makes a big difference. I went to radio shack today and bout a hand held microscope. $10.99 I couldn't even get it to focus.. lol..

Comment

Working...
                X