Train Wreck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train Wreck

Hey folks is there a set time for flipping a plant? I've had this for 4 weeks it looks healthy for being under CFL - two 200's one veg and one flower. I turn the plant and man handle it twice a day. It seems small to me but it's my first time so...I brought it home and stuck it in garden type prepared soil. When it started to droop I watered it with half neuts and it freaked. I pulled the yellow off and it's come back good with new growth and plenty bud sites. Since the burn I have only watered with plain well water. PH guage comes tomorrow. So when do you flip them? - -slo-han
    I tried to do the picture thing but can't figure it out.

Hi slo-han i dont want tobe a buzzkill myfriend but would you mind me asking if the Train Wreck your growing at present is from seed ? the reason i ask is i have run Train Wreck Arta cut from seed a number of times and they have hermied on me everytime but nothing else has, which tome says there are issues with this one just keep your eyes on it as mine went hermi 4 weeks into flower, lucky enough i noticed before it seeded my whole crop and a couple even made it untill 7th week before throwing bollocks so be careful, also the other thing i personaly would leave them a few more weeks too make sure they are mature or your yields may suffer, anyway all the best with these babys be lucky Lollipop

Comment

Thanks lollipop for the input. It is one plant, and it's a clone from I don't know? It's my first grow and just trying to get to the end. Now, if it gets balls were done. Not sure what you mean by hermi so if that means it may end up with seed - will they be usable? If that means turning male then I have learned not to try TW clones. Here in Washington state (US) we have to many dispensaries with to many types so it can be confusing. I tried some TW and it was great. Also like girl scout cookies - does this strain have same problem? This can get over whelming for a rookie and some times, the book doesn't cover it. Have a gooderun slo

Comment

slo-han please dont let me put you off i just meant for you tobe careful as its harsh when this happens, but if its a clone its oviously been in circalation so should be good, Train Wreck has always had issues with it hermien but when you get a goodone its a goodone, i have not heard of any issues with GSC I myself am running 2 different Phenos of GSC !st Forum cut and also Thin mint pheno too. If i come across any issues with the GSC i will let you know. This whole game is overwhelming tobe honest i have been growing for a long time and still to this day make mistakes with certain plants, but just rub yourself down and start again, anyway i hope your grows a good one Lollipop

Comment

Hey Lollipop, you told me to wait a few more weeks and I'm glad I did. She is coming out of her nitro burn nicely and the stalks are looking good. I ordered a led panel and will take some clones next week. Will take a pic and see if I can download it - having a hard time with that. She has pistols(hairy things) growing from the joints at this time - and time will tell. I've tried everything I can think of to kill this girl but she is forgiving - slo

Comment

Probably should have put this in the diary section but.....after further research I've about decided to think another route. I think I have a mag deficiency, my stems are purple veined, my plant isn't growing like it should. So, with that in mind - Flowering nuets next water time which should get the phosphorus up and we shall see. Well I just tried o do a pic and I bombed.
            Attached Files

Comment

I think your plant looks fine my friend.
              I grew this strain some yrs ago now (here in UK) and the smell and taste is something else, very different to other strains. One problem I did have with it though was that it was very susceptible to spidermites. Other plants in my room were fine, but those little bastards just loved the TW. I sprayed and treated but to no avail.
              Again from what I remember the purple stems are quite normal for this strain and I wouldn't worry. Your leaves look a good healthy colour so all looks good.
              Again its up to you how long you wanna veg for and given how long you've had her in veg mode for then flipping to 12/12 now would be fine. But the bigger a plant gets in veg the bigger the yield. Enjoy the taste. You will be surprised how different it is to others.

Comment

That pic is 2 weeks old, have added nuets since and flipped a week ago. Took me awhile to relate that no nuets has same effect as to many. Yeah, that is why I choose the TW - taste and smell - Still have a little left. Decided the same on color of stems and have been told to watch for hermie probs. Across the pond we have pretty good luck w/ Neems oil concerning mites - the next step is to suite up with a respirator and use caustic chems - trying to stay away from that at present. Had a heavy infestation on 3 mystery clones. used organocide which thinned them but they did not go away. Switched to neems and all gone. 2 sprays, and it seems they don't like the taste.

Comment

Yea the neem does seem to work. I used that also and it did the trick. However make sure you repeat every 3 days as they're Hardy little bastards and you've only gotta miss one, and they're back with avengence.
                  Didn't have any probs concerning herming with mine though, maybe I was just lucky.

Comment

I had a cutting given to me from a friend in California. It was a Island Sweet skunk! About 3weeks into flowering the mites came! Oh my God, did they come!! I took several good looking clones and took them outside and used the hose on them. Then I dried them softly and applied soap. I replanted them after getting rid of the original plants. We first took everything off the walls and floors of this rental space and bombed, bleached and scrubbed the place! Second crop came threw with flying colors! The next time it had the bugs again,ugh! I never let that plant back in the building.

Comment

slo sorry for my slowness you know the score, Im a stoner lol your plant is looking good my friend, hasit showed sex yet ? Its looks as though you are in for a treat slo. When you are finished i wonder if you would mind doing a little smoke report on this one ? only because of my interest in it, as the few times i have done it, its hermied on me so never got too smoke any. I was just looking through my seed collection and noticed i have it again by difeerent company so might give her another go soon, my next grow should be interesting as its all seeds a personal friend has bread, but hes 1 of these people everything he touches turns too gold, he owns Iluminati seeds and some of his older stuff is fire, also got nice Albert Walker Skunk x that needs doing lmao
                      Last edited by Lollipop; 03-10-2014, 09:28 AM.

Comment

@Mega nutes i have been growing for years and without fail get mitesnow and again and im very careful about what gos into my garden, now i spray anything thats going in with Vitality + also medium has tobe sprayed too, but still get the littlefuckers I have been lucky this year so far, only because temps are still low outside here in UK. The other thing is i grow up in my loft which is at least 60 feet of ground level, so fuckers must have pogo sticks or something lmao P.S. The Egggs are your problem here me thinks, this Vitality + is the only gear that kills the eggs aswell and it works realy well and no i dont work for them or am not affliated in anyway
                        Last edited by Lollipop; 03-10-2014, 09:30 AM.

Comment

HEY FOLKS, I'm finding out that the train wreck is a good indoor plant. Probably should have kept a mother but flipped it and it has buds everywhere. Not sure how to deal w/ this as I read that some of you take out the lower stems(lollipop) and deal with just the main stems but I kept all stems unmolested. Still trying to figure out the neuts as I fed with tiger bloom and the tips all turned yellow and have some rusty looking leaves 2 or 4 nodes down. The mystery is my indicator reads low in fert and ph @ just under 7. Will try and get a pic up but will add the bloom once more. Not sure if this meter is reading nitrogen only or all nuets - it doesn't say either way. more at eleven - slo-han

Comment

train pics

hope this works, it's always iffy weather a pic will go where I want it to

Comment

pics
                              - will try again

Comment

Working...
                              X