Girl Scout Cookie & Blueberry LED Soil Grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thegreengrower View Post
    Hey guys, been reading a lot about this GSC strain, and I can see that it's very popular, especially there in the USA, not heard of it anywhere near to me, unfortunately.
    Anyway I hear about, Forum cut, thin mint. What is the difference, which is the best and why?!
    I'm thinking of giving this one a go you see, so would value your opinions. Thanx guys.
    greengrower!

I have only smoked this strain once, while fishing at my local lake with a friend from the valley, he brought it up with him and before that, I think I had only heard about it a few times, surfing the other grow sites.

As far as Forum cut vs. Thin Mint Pheno, this is where I too, am a~bit confused. What I do know is that this strain was only available back a few years ago, in clone only form. Then a San Francisco, bay area breeder made it available in seed form. Then it took off all over the place, different breeders got their hands on it and breed their own version of it, so nowadays there are several seed company's that claim they have the forum cut.

The Girl Scout Cookie that I saw and smoked, last summer was beautiful looking, with many red, and orange hairs and bright lime green. It was awesome smoke and got us toasted real good, that day at the lake, enough so that I ordered it from Cali Connected. Weather I truly got the thin mint pheno, is yet to be determined.

Weather I got the original thin mint pheno, or not I'm not too sure. I did contact Cali Connected and the breeder, Swerve swore that his was the original thin mint pheno strain out of the bay area. I too was curious, right before I planted it.

There was some buzz about, some of the Girl Scout Cookie was not Mint Pheno, more like fortune cookie, so we shall see when mine "Gets to Bloom and finally to Harvest", what the real deal is with this strain, from Cali Connected.

Lollipop! if your out there, maybe you can shed some light on this for us. You seem to know all about the different cuts.
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 03-26-2014, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Hi there folk yes the Thin mintpheno is meant tobe far superor than the Forum cut, but having smoke and grown both, i actauly thought the Forum cut was better but can i add i done the one you are doing Blazd and also contacted Swerve and he Promised me Faithfuly its was the thin Mint pheno but if you do your reserch there was quite alot of butching going on other Boards and swerve was actauly called out by guy who Made the THin mint pheno. No disrespect meant too Blazd but Swerve is a Well Troll but must add i have done a few of his strains that i have loved Boss Hog was 1 and Chem D was another and also there are a few nice Cookie xs out there now, if you are looking todo it you are welcome too a few clones of Forum Cut all the best Lollipop got togo as the rigs getting cold Dabatude all

Comment

Originally posted by Lollipop View Post
        Hi there folk yes the Thin mintpheno is meant tobe far superor than the Forum cut, but having smoke and grown both, i actauly thought the Forum cut was better but can i add i done the one you are doing Blazd and also contacted Swerve and he Promised me Faithfuly its was the thin Mint pheno but if you do your reserch there was quite alot of butching going on other Boards and swerve was actauly called out by guy who Made the THin mint pheno. No disrespect meant too Blazd but Swerve is a Well Troll but must add i have done a few of his strains that i have loved Boss Hog was 1 and Chem D was another and also there are a few nice Cookie xs out there now, if you are looking todo it you are welcome too a few clones of Forum Cut all the best Lollipop got togo as the rigs getting cold Dabatude all
        Thanks Lollipop

I read all that butching, chatter and opinions. Enough so, that I had to go straight to the source, to get it in his own words.

Also read where he was called out and (finally) showed~up on another board, to proclaim his was the real deal, so we shall see when I harvest this pretty girl. I have no opinion of this cat and will hold my judgement, till my plant finishes.

I can already smell her.

Comment

Day 22 and 23

The Blueberry popped one day before the Girl Scout Cookie, so that's why their a day apart.

Just over three weeks and all's well. Feeding 1/2 Tsp. of Fox Farms Grow Big to 1 gal. of bubbled water. feeding today and will add 1/4 cap of Superthrive, for a little vitamin boost.

Had a storm with some rain, pass thru, over the last few days, so they have been under the LED's for 18/6. Temp. at the moment is 70*f. Humidity steady at 43%. Just sitting a couple containers of water near, has increased Humidity by 4%. Gotta keep humidity above 40%.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0481.JPG F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	9921Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0482.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	9922Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0483.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	9923Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0484.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	9924Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0485.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	9925

Comment

Group photo of all the seedlings in the garden.

Name:	IMG_0496.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	9926

Comment

Week 3.5

Transplanted my girls a few days ago into Medium size containers. Still too cold here at night to utilize my outback grow area's. Have to work with the space I have here in my cabin and the large containers I plan to use for the plants permanent home, are to large to fit in the area I have now.

Below is my Soil recipe I am using for this grow, with photo's of all the ingredients I am using in my plants containers, to grow these plants.

*Happy Frog Natural Organic potting soil /with Humic acid. - 3,(2 cubic ft. bags).
              *Large course Perlite - 1 Large Bag, (4 cu. ft.).
              *Natural & Organic Earthworm castings Blend. - 1 1/2 bags, 8 Qts. (8.8 Liter) bags= 12 Qts.
              *Indonesian Bat Guano 0.5-12-0.2 - 1/2 cup, per 5 gal. container= 3 cups, for 6, 5 gal. containers.
              *Bone Meal (for root development) - 5 cups.
              *Blood Meal (for extra Nitrogen) Nitrogen is critical, in early plant development. - 1/3 of a (1 pound bag).
              *Mycorrhizal Inoculums 2-4-4, simply called Mykos. (VERY important for root development) I use (a small handful) spread around, just under the transplant, and (a full handful), (spread around the container), (a couple inches up), from the bottom of the container (pot), Not mixed into the soil mix. ( personal preference, I guess. ) Because, Bone Meal is already in the mix. The Mykos I use, comes in (2.2 lbs. bags). and the amount vary's with the handfuls. A 2.2 lb. bag will be enough. and some left over. Which is good to have when you transplant, to bigger pots, as your plants get bigger. I usually transplant twice, from the small starter pot, and spread a small handful of the Mycos, around the hole where the plant will be placed, each time I transplant.

I use a large 2x2x4 ft. Tupperware w/lid, to mix in, and what's left over, if any, I use for Transplanting, or topping off the containers, after a month or so. I fill each container, with soil mixture, a couple inches from the bottom, and add a handful of Mykos, all around the container and then add the rest of the soil mixture, and water, as you fill the container, until it gets to a clumpy consistency.

There are growers, that let their mixture set, as long as 30 days, but I don't. The ingredients listed above, except the Mykos, gets mixed together well, and then the mixture gets added to the containers, a little at a time, while adding water, until the mixture is 2 inches from the top, of each container. More Mykos (a small handful) gets spread around, in the hole, when I add the plant, to the container. This way the plant gets set in a thin layer of Mykos, This way the roots will travel thru the layer of Mykos, as the plant starts growing bigger. this will coat the roots, for better root development. (Very important). You must prepare ahead of time, for better root development.

Name:	IMG_0503.JPG F.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	9946Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0500.JPG F.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	9945

Shown below are the roots exposed during transplanting.

Name:	IMG_0505.jpg F.jpg
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	9947Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0508.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	9948

Last edited by Blaze4daze; 04-06-2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Week 3.5

After being transplanted 2 days ago, I waited till today to feed again. Waiting to see how the transplanting went before adding any nutrients, until today. Added 2 tsp. of Fox Farms Grow Big to 1 gallon of bubbled water, PPM 710. The first real good feeding they've had, so far.

Really been holding back on nutrients, until today. The Blueberry was showing signs of phosphorus deficiency and needed her nutrients. This was the critical stage, so far in this grow for me to get it right, without burning or losing a plant, or having a big problem, with under~feeding. "wheeeew". Both plants took big amount of nutrients, well. Thanks plant God.

Because of cold weather here still 39*f overnight, Plants have remained indoors. Only today did they get to go out for some dinner, the sun for 4 hours. Photo's taken and edited (cropped by 50%) early this morning. Next week will have some outdoor photo's, as sun has been forcasted for the next week, solid, finally, jeeezzz!

Photo's were taken without any added lighting. Normally I'll try to add more light for better photo's. Our site is upgrading, so you will have to click on links to see photo's.

Name:	IMG_0512.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	9949Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0513.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	9950Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0514.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	9951Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0517.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	9952Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0521.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	9953

Comment

Week 3.5

Group Photo of all 4 of my plants.

Name:	IMG_0524.jpg dd.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	9968
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Blaze4daze; 04-09-2014, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Week 4.5

Lov'in the sun being out over the past few days. Still feeding Fox Farms Grow Big, 1 and a half tsp. to 1 gallon of bubbled water, around 500 PPM and doing fine.

Plan on topping and defoliating them, later today. Getting rid of some of the shaders to open up for more light to get to some of the lower growth.

Attached Files

Comment

Week 4.5

Indoors Under Spectrum King LED

Attached Files

Comment

Week 6

Transplanted into final 5 gallon containers. Topped and defoliated about 5 days ago. Still feeding Fox Farms Grow Big.

Was able to set~up main grow room, now that the weather has warmed~up some. Running heater to keep temps above 80*f.

Attached Files

Comment

More Week 6

Photo's taken today.

Weekly Group Photo

Attached Files

Comment

Week 7

Talk about a~bit confusing with these diary's backwards now, hopefully these next posts will come out in the right place.

Plants are growing along real nice. Super windy here with 30~40 mile an hour winds, gusts up to 55 miles an hour for the past two days, so I had to stake the main stem on 3 of my 4 plants.

Nice sunny days and brought the plants out, just long enough for photo's today. Was not able to keep them where they normally are,
                              because of the wind.

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Blaze4daze; 05-01-2014, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Group Photo Week 7

Attached Files

Comment

• Mega nute
                                  Mega nute commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  This is beautiful! Watch them grow?
                              Working...
                              X