Girl Scout Cookie & Blueberry LED Soil Grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl Scout Cookie & Blueberry LED Soil Grow

Welcome all, to my 2014 season Grow. Part~1 ...My other two Sativa's will be Part 2

I am a 57 year old, California Medical Marijuana card holding, Legal Limit Grower. I live back up in the mountains, at around 5000 ft. and I only grow for myself. The medicine that I am growing this season, will have to last me a year, until I harvest again. So 4 plants should do the trick. My wife does not smoke and actually hates the stuff and insists I puff, outdoors. Ha ha, more for me. She says, go out there where you got the whole forest to smoke in. Just don't get too high and burn us down. "Duhhhh!" So these 4 plants should last me a full season, easy. This State says you can grow 12 plants. 6 in veg and 6 flowering, or pretty much any combo as long as you stay with 12 plants, or less. Because of close to 35 years, riding a Harley Davidson, I got major issues with with my hips and lower back and a complete left shoulder rebuild from an on~the~job construction injury, that retired me from my career, and am now able to provide myself with the medicine I need to help with the pain and discomfort, and don't have to depend on no one, ever to have the medicine I need. I've learned how to grow my own.

The next few posts will be showing Proof of Strains and Lighting used, along with some information about the strains I will be growing, strain descriptions and a little history of these plants.

I will be growing in soil and under a Spectrum King (SK450) SuperGrowLED A True 250wt Full Spectrum LED from
    Full Spectrum LED Grow Lights
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 03-25-2014, 11:35 AM.

Most of this grow will be done under LED's, however I do plan to use the sun as much as possible during the day, here when I will be able to provide 4 hours, daily of direct sunlight to my plants and try to save on the electric bill as much as possible.

Here are some photo's of the LED that I received today from SuperGrow LED.com and plan to use for this grow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0439.JPG F.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	820.6 KB
ID:	9802Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0440.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	9803Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0442.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	9804Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0443.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	9805Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0450.JPG F.jpg
Size:	894.3 KB
ID:	9806

Last edited by Blaze4daze; 03-25-2014, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Looking forward to reading your forthcoming posts
      All the very best with your grow.

Comment

Proof of Strain

Feminized "Blueberry" From Dutch Passion, thru Gorilla Seed Bank | Worldwide Cannabis Seeds Delivery

Name:	IMG_0345.JPG F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	9808

Feminized "Girl Scout Cookie" From Cali Connected, thru Gorilla Seed Bank | Worldwide Cannabis Seeds Delivery

Name:	IMG_0346.JPG F.jpg
Size:	674.8 KB
ID:	9807
        Last edited by Blaze4daze; 03-25-2014, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Blueberry strain Description and the history of the blueberry strain.

Blueberry Marijuana Seeds (Dutch Passion)
          Feminized
          Dutch Passion's Original Blueberry is a mostly Indica (80% Indica, 20% Sativa) strain, that dates to the late 1970’s. A large producer under optimum conditions. A dense and stout plant with red, purple and finally blue hues, that usually cure to a lavender blue. The finished product has a very fruity aroma and taste of blueberry.

It produces a notable and pleasantly euphoric high of the highest quality and is very long lasting. Good for medical marijuana users with strong medicinal properties. Medium to large calyxes. “Blueberry” has a long shelf life.
          Indoor / Outdoor: Best suitable for indoor growing
          Plant Type: Mostly Indica
          Plant Height: Medium
          Stoned or High: Indica High; Indica Body Buzz
          THC Level: Strong 19.5%
          Flowering Weeks: 8-10
          The Origins of Blueberry Cannabis Strain

The Blueberry strain is without a doubt one of the most exquisite and colorful cannabis hybrids available in seed form today. The history of the strain takes us back to the West Coast of the United States sometime during the 1970’s, where a breeder named DJ Short was working on a multitude of exotic landrace sativas from places like Colombia, Panama, Mexico and Thailand.

He was growing up to 100 plants at the time, both indoors and outdoors, on constant lookout for desirable traits in the individuals. Needless to say, he sampled a great number of plants until he found what he was looking for. In his own words, one plant out of one hundred grown carried the traits that he was looking for and then there was still the complicated matter of working with plants that are naturally prone to hermaphroditism, like most pure sativas are to some degree. His efforts would eventually yield fruit and give birth to some of the most highly regarded strains in the world today.

His extensive research led him to the discovery of two very special sativas. According to the master breeder himself, the first plant was a highly potent all-around champion, “Juicy Fruit” Highland Thai female. It packed a very sweet tropical punch and an intense high that lasted for many hours. The second plant was a Purple Thai out of Oregon, Ohio. This plant was a cross between an outstanding Highland Oaxaca Gold and a very freaky Chocolate Thai. The hybrid was very dark colored and would express a deep royal purple color at the slightest exposure to cold.

The finished product was equally tasty and strong as the Juicy Fruit female. Although both plants were equally matched when it came to potency, the Purple Thai became DJ Short’s personal favorite. It was emotionally kinder than the Juicy Fruit Thai, which was so strong that it could in large doses evoke terror in the smoker. These two old school "Thai Stick" sativas make up the female pedigree of all the DJ Short strains.

The male that DJ Short used was an Afghani indica that was brought to his attention in 1979 by some growers from California. Although the indica plant was something of a novelty at that time when sativas ruled the grow rooms, it soon became apparent that the plant was here to stay. Growers could grow more herb that finished faster than before by combining the indica genes with old school sativas.

In a way this also meant the end of the sativa dominant era that eventually lead to the disappearance of many pure sativa lines that either became hybridized or lost all together. The indica plants were very uniform, short and symmetrical, with thick hairy stems and wide leaf. They were dark green in color with tight, compact nodes and very dense floral clusters that packed an earthy and skunky aroma. The novelty soon wore off as the indica by itself was powerful but lacked the sophistication and complexity of the pure sativas. The indica plant did however contribute to the genetic diversity of modern cannabis plants, which allowed growers more control.

Now with these plants in his repertoire, DJ Short applied his knowledge of breeding and created new floral lines using the three plants that he had discovered. Soon enough he established his two best known strains; namely Blueberry and Flo. Flo was discovered within the initial floral lines where the Oregon Purple Thai was crossed to the indica male.

Working further along those lines, DJ Short created the Blueberry by crossing the earlier lines to Juicy Fruit/Afghani hybrids. This means that there is a little of both the sativa mothers in the Blueberry while there is only Purple Thai in the Flo. DJ Short himself explained that some traits were more accessible through the Purple Thai, while others could be found by further crossing the plant to the Juicy Fruit Thai hybrid. The Original Blueberry was bred towards an indica expression although a more sativa dominant plant was also worked on and later refined into what we today know as the Blueberry Sativa.

During the 1980’s and early 1990’s, DJ Short continued to perfect his already highly refined strains. Around 1993 he travelled to Europe to work for the Sagarmatha Seed Company. By 1995 he was supplying this company with seed stock both for sale and for breeding purposes. He was little involved in the selection process but had contracted this company to produce Blueberry, Flo and Blue Velvet; a cousin to the Blueberry that was an even expression of both the indica and sativa parents.

Although Blue Velvet is no longer available, Sagarmatha still offer DJ Short’s creations under the names Blueberry Bud and Flow, as well as some more recent hybrids. The relationship with the company was brief and DJ Short moved on to work for another company, Dutch Passion.

Last edited by Blaze4daze; 03-20-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Day 1

Blueberry

Name:	IMG_0359.JPG F.jpg
Size:	885.9 KB
ID:	9809

Girl Scout Cookie

Name:	IMG_0356.JPG F.jpg
Size:	896.1 KB
ID:	9810

More to Follow

Comment

Strain Description and info on Girl Scout Cookie

Girl Scout Cookies Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Girl Scout Cookies Feminized Cannabis Seeds by Cali Connection Seeds: Girl Scout Cookies or Thin Mints Feminized Cannabis Seeds by Cali Connection Marijuana Seedbank, the Cali Connection once again brings you some of the finest female cannabis seeds in the business. That’s Right we did it again. We brought you one of the most sought after strains in the world currently. The Girl Scout Cookies (Thin Mint pheno) we are Selfing this and then outcrossing her as well. These are Pure GSC seeds. This isn’t the Forum cut this is the Original from the Creator out of the SF Bay area. Expect a very slow to moderate grower, she will need to be tipped, topped or lst'd to make her branch out. She clones well and loves her N... Expect moderate yields of nugs the West Coast Rappers are talking about. Flower times 55 to 63 days.
              Features
              Sex: Feminized
              Type: Indica/Sativa
              Grow: Indoor/Outdoor
              Flowering Time: 55 to 63 days
              Harvest Time: October/November
              Yield: 200 to 450g/m2
              Height: Medium
              Genetics: Thin Mint Pheno

Comment

Day 11

Here they are today, in their starter pots. I am using Fox Farms Happy Frog Potting Soil and Natural Organic Worm Castings, a tad of Mykos and will add the rest of my soil ingredients, when they get transplanted into their permanent containers, in a week or two.

The LED is temporarily sitting on a rack located in my cabin, because it is still too cold here, at night to utilize my grow rooms, out~back in my workshop. I am starting this grow a~bit early in the season for the weather here. Sunny out today, but in the upper 30's at night. Way too cold out in the grow area, without running heaters to keep them warm enough.

Name:	IMG_0451.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	9811Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0453.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	9812Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0454.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	9813
                Last edited by Blaze4daze; 03-23-2014, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I will be very interested to see as well. You know mine our coming, but it will be awhile before I can get installed. It can get tuff waiting for others at times. But, I have to be patient . Really looking forward to your findings. I talked to the light designer on the phone yesterday, very cool. MN

Comment

Day 16

Growing along pretty good, these were taken today. Yesterday was the first feeding of 1/2 tsp of Fox Farms Grow Big to 1 gallon of bubbled water.

Fox Farms nutrients does the pH'ing for me, so no pH'ing for this grow, at all. Also the Fox Farms Happy Frog Potting Soil, comes with oyster shell and dolomite lime to help adjust pH too.

From time to time, there might be photo's of my other plants in part~2 of my grow, sorry just a lot of editing needed to separate them, all the time.

Name:	IMG_0475.JPG F3.jpg
Size:	511.9 KB
ID:	9873Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0479.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	9874Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0464.JPG F.jpg
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	9875Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0473.jpg F.jpg
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	9876Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0474.jpg F.jpg
Size:	752.4 KB
ID:	9877

After opening attachment, Click on photo for close~up. Click on photo again for real super~duper close~up.

Last edited by Blaze4daze; 03-25-2014, 11:43 AM.

Comment

um cut or thin mint ? As i have the forum cut and hoping too get my hands on the thin mint cut, or is yours from seed stock ? As i also have Riot seeds GSC S1s meant tobe made with forum cut, but im in the middle of growing her ot as we speak, i think shes 3 weeks into flower now and throwing out some lovey smells the wife would nt agree with that as she get very nervouswhen im doing extra smelly crop as i am ATM, As its Ilegal where we are. Anyway keep thumbing them ladys like you are and you will have some nice potent medication

Comment

Dont know what happenedthere but left half my post out lol No all it was Blazd Nice plants and was it forum cut or Thin mint Bla bla

Comment

Sorry just read what they are that will teach me too just get Stoned and not read whole post LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Lollipop View Post
                            Dont know what happenedthere but left half my post out lol No all it was Blazd Nice plants and was it forum cut or Thin mint Bla bla
                            Lollipop!

Thanks mate, After contacting Swerve from Cali~Connected, a few weeks ago, he personally assured me that these are the true, (Thin Mint pheno) Genetics: OG Kush X Cherry Pie (Durban Poison X GDP).

She is growing along nicely. Nodes seem to be tight and this LED is the shiznitz. Should be some killar medicine.
                            Last edited by Blaze4daze; 03-25-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, been reading a lot about this GSC strain, and I can see that it's very popular, especially there in the USA, not heard of it anywhere near to me, unfortunately.
                              Anyway I hear about, Forum cut, thin mint. What is the difference, which is the best and why?!
                              I'm thinking of giving this one a go you see, so would value your opinions. Thanx guys.

Comment

• Mega nute
                                Mega nute commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Hey Blaze, how are you? We have not talked in a while. I just got out of the hospital about 9 day's ago and recovery is coming along well. I come from strong stock! Ha,Ha! Well hope to see you soon! MN
                            Working...
                            X