Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First Grow Diary White Widow X Big Bud, Critical+, Silver Kush, kalashnikova.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Grow Diary White Widow X Big Bud, Critical+, Silver Kush, kalashnikova.

Ok here is my attempt at my first grow diary.
    I am growing under a 600 watt dual spectrum sunblaster in a secret jardin grow tent with a 5inch extractor fan. I ordered 10 seeds all white widow x big bud they arrived on the 26th jan i eagerly opened the packet only to find out i had a load of crushed pods bits of seed shell all in my hand a few complete seeds, of which i managed to germinate 3 and one of the freebies what was critical+ auto.
    Once i had a nice tap root i set about potting the 4 seeds unfortunately 1 never came to anything and i dropped 2 seeds into one pot.
    2 seedlings in one pot i decided to let them go and separate later, what has caused them a lot of stress and shock as pictures will show there stunted growth compared the to the single white widow x big bud.

I have fed these plants twice once with shropshire seed weed and the once with canna flora veg the medium i am using canna professional plus. The 2 feeds have been 10ml to 10 litres respectively.

Day 9-12 pics
    Attached Files

Day 20 pics

After separating the 2 in one pot as you can see they are a lot smaller than seedling that was potted on its own. These are in 10 litre pots and are 6" tall and 5 1/2" and 5".
    Attached Files

Comment

Day 25

Day 25 into my grow and they have improved considerably in 5 days since last post. I have been feeding them nutrients 25ml of canna vega to 10 litres of water. I might have over done the nutrients looking at that larger of the w/widow x big bud i see some curly on the leaves and like gold colouring on some.
      I will see how it goes over the next couple of days and if i need to i will flush the plant with water and leave to dry out for a few days.
      I have also raised my light to 28 inches above the plant just incase it is scorching.
      I am thinking of leaving these to veg for a extra week veg to week 5 instead of switching at week 4 to 12/12 would be nice to have a few opinions on this.
      I find it very difficult also to keep the temperature at a steady 25-27c, i am thinking the reason behind this is the tent is to big for the room and its restricting air flow, being new to this i might be totally wrong.

White widow X big bud are the 2 middle pots and the Dinafem auto is the other plant in day 25 veg.
      The seedlings are 3 x kalashnikova and 1 x silver kush these are going into a different grow room at the end of the week.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	day 25 001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	9708
      I am growing them without a ppm ec or ph meter I am using ph strips my water is a ph of 7 and with nutrients ph of 6.5 i have not done a run off test yet. I have been told that if you let your ph get to low it can be real hard to get it back up if not impossible to do so.

These pics are the 2 plants that were in same pot and repotted into there own pots.

Name:	day 25 005.JPG
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	9709Click image for larger version

Name:	day 25 004.JPG
Size:	3.19 MB
ID:	9710

The reason i ask about the veg period taking to 5 weeks is i have no idea how these plants will stretch in size when putting into flowering period.

Heights are 9-1/2 inch 8inch and the Dinafem critical+ 7inch
      Last edited by kbag; 02-25-2014, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Kbag

Looking good, except the Widow. It does look a~little toasted from to much nutrients. What you could do is get it flushed~out real good and start over with water only for a week, then real easy on the nutrients. I would get in there and trim all those scorched leafs off the plant, asap.

The Widow is a short structured plant, and should not stretch a whole lot, letting it remain in veg another week. By removing those damaged leafs, flushing it and giving it an additional week to recover, should get you back on track.

The White Widow that I grew, a few seasons ago, Stayed in veg for 9 weeks and with heavy defoliation, turned out pretty good.

Good Luck, nice grow, so far.

Name:	DSCN1495.JPG
Size:	962.1 KB
ID:	9711
        Last edited by Blaze4daze; 02-25-2014, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Week 1 +3 days flowering

Hmm where do i start? Ok i flipped these into flowering last saturday (12/12 cycle). The 2 white widows x big bud and crucial+ that i thought was a auto are the oldest plants. There is also 3 klashnikovas and a silver kush.
          The 3 klashnikovas and silver kush were born on the 18th of feb they are smaller than the other 3 or 2 should i say because i have a very sick white widow x big bud plant.
          The 3 oldest plants were in veg for 6 weeks and a day by my calculations and the others roughly 3 weeks before the flip to 12/12 .
          I should have named this thread (How Not To Grow MJ on your first grow) but it is fun and a learning a curve.
          ok what i have i done since my last post i flushed the white widow x big bud that i thought had nute burn, with 30 litres of water with a ph of 7 and allowed to dry for 5 days but is still a very sick plant.

Name:	week 1+ 3 days flowering 001.JPG
Size:	4.28 MB
ID:	9880Click image for larger version

Name:	week 1+ 3 days flowering 005.JPG
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	9884

If you look she has red stems very yellow leafs and necrosis. Its the last throw of the dice with her i have transferred her to another soil and hoping for the best if not i will out her.

Now these 2 i am very pleased with so far, they have both been topped once. I have fed them nutes of 800 ppm at the veg stage. Then just water allowing them to dry or very near. My tap water has a ph of 7 and a ppm of 170-180 so when adding nutes must be taking into consideration.

Name:	week 1+ 3 days flowering 010.JPG
Size:	4.97 MB
ID:	9881Click image for larger version

Name:	week 1+ 3 days flowering 011.JPG
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	9882

I love the look of this klashnikova no topping just allowed to do its own thing.

Name:	week 1+ 3 days flowering 012.JPG
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	9883

I will be upping the nutes in the next week and see how it goes i will most prob up it to a ec of 1.5.
          Then increase if they like it i will let you know my npk ratios on the next post.
          Some more pics on how not to grow mj lol

Comment

• Mbrozack
            Mbrozack commented
            Editing a comment
            If you cloned your Big bud White widow, how much bud did you get from the clone. I made a clone with mine that has over 20 growth nodes. I need to know how much bud I can expect to yield under optimal conditions. thanks for any help you can give

some more pics

Name:	week 1+ 3 days flowering 016.JPG
Size:	4.79 MB
ID:	9885Click image for larger version

Name:	week 1+ 3 days flowering 006.JPG
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	9886Click image for larger version

Name:	week 1+ 3 days flowering 013.JPG
Size:	5.58 MB
ID:	9887Click image for larger version

Name:	week 1+ 3 days flowering 008.JPG
Size:	4.61 MB
ID:	9888

Comment

Week 2 and 1 day starting to show flowering now. Click image for larger version

Name:	week 2 +! Day 001.JPG
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	9915 <-- the critical+ Click image for larger version

Name:	week 2 +! Day 002.JPG
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	9916 ww x big bud

Comment

Looking good kbag keep up the great work!

Comment

Kbag!

I must say your doing a wonderful job, your plants look amazing. How proud you must be. Very impressive work you have done. Some great medicine on it's way, soon.

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments, and yes i am pretty pleased so far. Katzie_wolf71 i love the look of 2 plants under them leds.

Comment

Week 3

Week 3 flowering. I was going to up the EC to 1.5 but decided to air on the side of caution, i have fed the plants with 50ml of canna flora 25ml of canna boost and 5ml of silica by my meters this gave me a ph of 6.3 and a ppm of just under 700. I mixed these to 10 litres(2 gallon) of water. As these are different strains and in different size pots i really have to gauge each plant individually to what its needs are, so there is no real watering/feeding regime.
                    To test to see how dry the soil is i push my finger into the soil to knuckle about 2inches if its dry i water them atm that is about every 3-4days the silva kush is a lot longer.

The silver kush Click image for larger version

Name:	week 3 006.JPG
Size:	4.70 MB
ID:	9940 The critical+ Click image for larger version

Name:	week 3 003.JPG
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	9941 The WW x BB Click image for larger version

Name:	week 3 004.JPG
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	9942
                    my rather sick white widow x big bud that i was going to throw away Click image for larger version

Name:	week 3 005.JPG
Size:	4.76 MB
ID:	9943
                    These are my klashnikovas well i was going to show pics but the forum is abit screwed up atm. This is really a test grow for my next grow so i can see how they stretch and what size pots to use etc. I must say i am really enjoying this grow and it is fun and challenging in some respects.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by kbag; 04-06-2014, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Hi kbag!

This looks great! If your temps are at 78-80 and your humidity at 45-55, there are no pests or pathogens, you might try dropping your pH to 5.9-6.0. Most strains prefer a slightly acidic environment and this might straighten up the sickly kids. This is where the warehouse growers of NorCal keep their mix. This is definitely the recommendation for LEDs, as well.

jonnywatt

Comment

Hi kbag, I took a look at your pics of the plants and they Great! Keep up the good work! Mega Nute

Comment

Atm i am between week 4 to week 5 flowering 4 of my plants love the feeding and 2 of them seem to not like it so much.
                          I have been upping the nutes during flowering from 700ppm to 1000ppm. The last feed i gave them 70ml of canna flores 40ml of canna boost,this gave me a ph of 6.2 to 10 litres of water.
                          The plants all of them loved it and after 4 days looked good. Now i have left my tap water to stand for 48 hours and the ph rises from 7 out of the tap to 8, now i feed them just plain water and you can see with in a couple of days that they do not like it.
                          My question is do i lower the ph on the tap water with ph down?
                          One of the kalashnikovas and the silver kush really do not like the tap water within a couple of days you see the leaves start to drop and tighten up. I am guessing being new to this that ec levels go up with the higher ph from the tap water causing them to over nute?
                          The 4 plants that like the feeding i have fed again with the same nute ratios and the same ph and their looking good. The other 2 i have flushed with canna flush 20ml to 10litres of water with a 20-30% run off. Now i am going to let them dry out for 5 days. Now i have to just wait and see, but i must say they have perked up already.
                          These pics are at week 4 but i must say i am seeing the buds getting bigger each day and with a bit of luck im looking forward to smoking some of these. The nuggets on one of the kalashnikovas are like rocks real hard to the touch and my sickly white widow x big bud that i was going to throw away is producing some nice buds and starting to sparkle.
                          These pics are at week 4 i took these on sunday but could not post them due to site being worked on.

Comment

These pics i just took and i hope you can see the difference in them within 4 days is pretty amazing.

Comment

Working...
                            X