Growing a Feminized "Jock Horror"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 26

Vigorous growth from part led, and direct sunlight. Fed 1/3 tsp. of Canna start / 1 fluid oz. of bubbled water, today. She is growing pretty fast. I am so relieved that she recovered with~out any more set~backs. Light is critical now, and moving her back, and forth to get full lighting for her is my main concern.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2209.jpg W.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	8897Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2212.jpg W.jpg
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	8898

More to Follow
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 08-21-2013, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Looking great. She looks happy and set to start growing vigorously now. How are you getting on with your new LED?

Comment

Love it, Schmokin, Those leafs stand'in straight~up under the led, just like they do, out in the direct sun light, It's fantastic, I just love it.

For the investment I made, I am sure I picked a good light. But knowing that grow light technology will advance in the coming years, I feel I have added a key piece to my grow area's, for the next few growing seasons, to say the least.

I have noticed on my first electric bill, since installing this light, a reduction from previous HID usage, and that really matters, when I have to fork over the $ to keep the current flowing, to produce my medicine.
        Last edited by Blaze4daze; 08-23-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazd4Daz View Post
          Love it, Schmokin, Those leafs stand'in straight~up under the led, just like they do, out in the direct sun light, It's fantastic, I just love it.

For the investment I made, I am sure I picked a good light. But knowing that grow light technology will advance in the coming years, I feel I have added a key piece to my grow area's, for next few growing seasons, to say the least.

I have noticed on my first electric bill, since installing this light, a reduction from previous HID usage, and that really matters, when I have to fork over the $ to keep the current flowing, to produce my medicine.
          That is good too hear! I have been thinking for q long time now about investin in a led setup but seeing that they are expensive, its a hard desecion to make without knowing if it does the job right. ! I am curious to see your harvest and the difference in the electric
          Hps gives a real goos yield but the electric bill is so expensive!

I have high hopes man!
          Last edited by Fever360; 08-23-2013, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks Fever

Last season, was my last with HID, HPS lighting. I too, was in the dark about changing to LED. Didn't really know what to look for in a good led, ( as I'm sure most don't ) but with the heat factor, in summer~time here, and the high cost of electric, I took a chance and made my choice, with the help of my go~too Hydro store's recommendation, and the literature they provided to me, on one of the led's they had on display there.

Bombarded with multiple questions, and over an hour of conversation, with store owner, I made my mind up, came home, did more research and made arrangements, to purchase the light, I now have.

I took a big leap and chance, when I bought my light. Just like anybody else would do. I would say very few know what to look for, when their shopping for a led light. I'll find out, as days and plants pass, under this light, how I did.
            Last edited by Blaze4daze; 08-27-2013, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Day 31

Started feeding 1/3 tsp. of Fox Farms Grow Big to 2 Fluid oz's of bubbled water.

Growing super fast and is sturdy, and seems very healthy. Nirvana seeds has giv'in me a wonderful plant.

Name:	DSCN2249.jpg W.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	8905Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2251.JPG W.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	8906Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2256.jpg W.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	8907

More to Follow

Comment

Day 34

Alot has happened with her. I am feeding fox farms grow big. I have newer photo's I havn't uploaded yet. She has been topped, and transplanted to a bigger container. Her growth has continued vigorously and she has started growing her 2nd row from each node.

I am putting her outside for direct sunlight when the sun hits and bringing her in, (after the sun passes behind the tree's in late afternoon) under a couple CFL's to give her a full 18 hours of light every day.

I will have newer photo's to show, tomorrow.

Name:	DSCN2287.JPG W.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	8919Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2285.JPG W.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	8918Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2288.JPG W.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	8920Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2286.jpg d.jpg
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	8921

More to Follow

Comment

Day 38

Time to transplant into a bigger container. I am using a 10 gallon air bag (Areo bag) for more room for roots to travel and for the plant to get bigger. I am using Mykos, worm castings and budswell to sprinkle around underneath the plant. I started filling the container with my soil mix, up 4 inches from the bottom, then applied a layer of all mentioned ingredients. then more soil mix.

I repeated this step 2 more times till the container was filled. This way her roots will travel thru these areas, strengthening and protecting them, as they grow. Budswell is mainly used as a compost tea for feeding, but I use it in the soil mix. (personal preference). So from now on all I need to do is add correct nutrients for her grow and bloom cycles.

Name:	DSCN2294.JPG W.jpg
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	8928Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2300.JPG W.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	8929

More to Follow

Comment

Wow, was that a trip. Trying to post photo's. I had to do it several times and still didn't get them all in there. Sorry everyone. Maybe this post will be more successful. Insert photo was acting up some. Dang.

Name:	DSCN2289.JPG W.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	8930Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2290.JPG W.jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	8931Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2291.JPG W.jpg
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	8932

More to Follow

Comment

Yea! Success.

I took photo's of the transplanting process so you~all could see how easy it was.

Comment

Day 45

Today I released Beneficial Nematodes into my containers to control all pests that can dwell in my plants soil. Mainly soil gnats and white flies. There is another product I have been using called, Mosquito Bits, that came in a shake~out plastic bottle for the same purpose. That product worked pretty good, but decided to use live Nematodes instead this time around.

I do not want soil gnats stuck in my finished buds, Yuk. So this will keep them from reproducing in my containers. What will happen will be that they get released and find the larva of any pests in the soil and attack, eat and then move on to the next victim. ha ha.

More to Follow
                        Last edited by Blaze4daze; 09-10-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Day 45

I topped her on day 39, right after transplanting. She is showing vigorous growth. I am still feeding fox farms grow big. I am leaving her outdoors till late afternoon, then back inside under CFL's till I go to bed around 9pm. I have choosen to use CFL's instead of a 400wt HID because I'm seeing good growth and don't need a bigger electric bill right now. These photo's were taken on day 43

More to Follow

Comment

Day 45

Lets try this again.

Name:	DSCN2360.JPG W.jpg
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	8944Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2364.JPG W.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	8945Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2370.JPG W.jpg
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	8946Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2381.JPG W.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	8947 There we go.

More to Follow

Comment

Day 47

With the room I have available in my bloom area and the Jock Horror needing a few more weeks before I start her to Bloom, I have decided to fem her. I have tried several LST techniques and seem to prefer 1 topping and 1 femming to spread her out some and to keep her from growing up into the light. She will have 4 top's, which should keep her from reaching the light. This plant will grow tall if I want her too and I would have allowed her too if I would have started her earlier in the season. She could have grown her entire life outdoors, if I would have got her started the end of April, here.

I will have plenty of finished Sativa when my two plants finish. My next grow I plan to grow a couple of Indica dominate strains. I recently ordered and received from Bomb seeds 3 different strains. Atomic Bomb, Cherry Bomb and Ice Bomb and will start at least two of those for my night~time strains. I will get these seeds started when I am close to harvesting the Jock. I want to use LED from start to finish over the winter months ahead, as I will not be able to grow outdoors here in the winter. So I must finish this plant before my LED will be available again to start 2 more strains.

Here are some photo's of the Jock. She is doing real good after her transplant and 1 topping and just a few day's ago, a femming. Still feeding fox farms Grow Big. I am keeping her outdoors most of the day and bringing her inside, under four 26wt. CFL's, to get as many hours of light to her as I can. Which is around 16 hours of total light a day.

Name:	DSCN2405.jpg W.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	8964Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2406.jpg W.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	8965Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2407.JPG W.jpg
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	8966Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2409.JPG W.jpg
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	8967Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2410.JPG W.jpg
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	8968

More to Follow
                              Last edited by Blaze4daze; 09-14-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

And a few more. Manage Attachments only allows 5 photo's at a time.

Name:	DSCN2432.JPG W.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	8969Click image for larger version

Name:	FSCN2416.JPG W.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	8970

Comment

Working...
                                X