Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing a Feminized "Jock Horror"

Jock Horror

Nirvana Jock Horror is a three-way marijuana hybrid of Northern Light, Skunk and Haze. Jock Horror produces so much resin that even its branches glisten with THC glands. This marijuana seeds variety has a unique fresh flavor and packs a strong 'up' buzz. Our Jock cannabis seeds will finish flowering earlier than the original Jack Herrer of a few years ago. This cannabis strais is definitely one of our all-time favorite marijuana seeds.

White Strain Yes
    Feminized Seeds Yes
    Medical Use Yes
    Effect High (Head Trip, Cerebral Effect)
    Flowering Period 9 - 11 weeks
    Average Yield 350 - 450 g/m² in SOG
    Flavor Fruity, Herbal
    Plant Height Tall
    Cultivation Indoor
    Plant Type Predominantly Sativa

Sativa 70 / Indica 30
    Origins – Haze 19 / Skunk x Afghan / Skunk
    Flowering – 9-11 weeks

Jock Horror is Nirvana’s twist on the family of strains that arose around the Jack Herer name. The mother is a Haze 19 x Skunk, a hazey hybrid cross of Holland and California strains. Jock’s father is an old-school Northern Lights, a mostly indica plant taken from a 20-year stable Afghan x Skunk #1 cross whose line was preserved in the marijuana mecca of America’s Pacific northwest.

This strain plays with a composition familiar to the Jack strains that began when Sensi’s multi-haze-skunk cross adopted the name of the legendary hemp activist. However, Jock Horror is its own original strain derived from the breeding work and the genetics collection of the Nirvana team. In this interpretation, Nirvana combines a sativa haze, hybrid Skunk, and indica Northern Lights in a three-way cross that is mostly sativa. Jock Horror is a stable strain that has become a classic offering from Nirvana since it was first introduced in the mid-1980s and remains a tried-and-true favorite among Nirvana’s breeding team.
    The Jock Horror plant forms a traditional pine tree with medium-thin leaves and dense buds that cascade into extended calyxes, arching in a long cylinder of goodness.

Nirvana recommends growing Jock Horror in soil with organics for the best flavors. Sea of green setups are good for Jack Horror because it does not branch very much, and the branches it does form are long. Jock really likes conditions to be reliable in the grow room., but is not as difficult as other connoisseur sativas, and not as bland as more commercial strains. This strain really smells up the garden, gaining two-thirds of its total height during flowering. Outdoors, this variety finishes at the end of October. it can reach monstrous heights of 9-10 feet (3 meters).

Day 1
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2042 W.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	10767

More to Follow
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 11-30-2013, 01:35 PM.

Good luck with these ones Blazd. I'll be watching with interest. Let's hope the critters keep away.

Comment

Day 3, and 4

Feeding sips of water only twice a day. Just enough to show a 1/2 inch perimeter of drainage around the cube, and no more.

Name:	DSCN2060 W.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	8814Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2061 W.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	8815

More to Follow

Comment

Thanks Schmokin

I use a seedling heating mat, and soaked (1 hour) rookwool cubes, under a dome with vents closed, and covered with a towel, to get these seeds to pop in literally 2 full days. Blows me away, how fast this method works. I would trust no other method with these Feminized seeds. The moister builds up just enough in there to make it all happen. Its incredible that it happens so fast.

Comment

Day 7

Tomorrow, I will plant her in soil. Her taproot was poking thru the bottom of the cube, and she was getting taller by the day. this seedling was already 2 and a half inches high, and ready to take on the world. Great work by Nirvana seeds.

This little seed will grow tall, and I must keep her from reaching that 10 ft. height that was stated in her specs., somehow.

Unfortunately, My weekender neighbors, are in residence, and are wondering around my fence line, so I might finish this grow indoors, so not to be noticed. I must stay on the safe side, and not take any chances.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2070 W.jpg
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	8817Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2069 W.jpg
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	8816

More to follow
          Last edited by Blaze4daze; 08-02-2013, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Day 8

Into the soil she goes. I have spread Mykos, and worm castings, lightly under, and around the cube, and planted her deep in the temp. container, to be transplanted one more time, into a 10 gallon container for the remainder of her life~span.

I have decided to use a pre nutrient called Canna start, at half strength 7.5 ml, to 1 gallon of water, because she is growing like crazy. This starter nutrient is recommended at day 10, and at 15 ml, per 1 gallon water, but I think she will be fine with a reduced amount.

Name:	DSCN2075.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	8818Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2076.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	8819Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2077.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	8820Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2078.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	8821Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2079 W.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	8822

More to Follow

Comment

So excited, I must share with my fellow growers. This light arrived yesterday. It measures 33in. X 15in. X 3 3/4in., for a 4X6 footprint.

Name:	DSCN2089 UG.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	8827Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2086 W.jpg
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	8828Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2088 W.jpg
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	8829Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2090 W.jpg
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	8830

Top Shelf Series 1200mx 1200 watts! 18,480 Lumen!
              $

SALE PRICE, Retail: $2249
              * 8 X 90-watt composite LEDs! (120 X 3W)
              * 96 X 5-watt LEDs! rated 50,000 hrs
              * Full PAR spectrum including UV and IR
              * 1200W rated, 750W actual draw
              * 3 partitioned dimmers allow for selected spectrum for all plant stages
              * Overheat Protection mechanism -auto off at 140*f internal temp
              * Nearly 33 pounds of machine with a 3 year warranty through us!
              * 3-prong plug + suspension cables included, standard 100-240v
              -free shipping in continental U.S, Worldwide shipping available

Easily meets all lighting needs for a 4'x6' grow tent full of dank.

More to follow
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Blaze4daze; 08-05-2013, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Name:	DSCN2091 w.jpg
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	8832Looking forward to bloom cycle. Settings now for my teen, (Eldorado) are 50% red's, 75% blue's, and 0% composite's, to start with. Per instructions from company. (secondsunlab.com). will start composite's on low, after a bit.

More to Follow
                Last edited by Blaze4daze; 08-11-2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Day 16

I must have overwatered her, she has stalled growing any new leafs, but has grown another inch taller. I have not watered her for 6 days, and her pot is still wet.

I might have used to much canna start on her on day 10, because she looked like it was to much for her. the recommended amount of canna start is 15ml, and I gave her 7.5ml, in 1 gallon of water, and I think that started this whole stalled~out growing situation.

I flushed her immediately, several times to remove the canna start from her medium (soil in pot), and now I just have to wait and see if she will be o.k.

She is still all green, and has grown taller, so probably after her soil dries~out some more, her leafs will start growing again, they have already. Man, I have been messing~up alot lately, and need to focus, Dang~it. No rushing in to handle my plants, because my days have been so busy with getting other stuff done. I will have more photo's when I have more time.

More to follow
                  Last edited by Blaze4daze; 08-11-2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Day 18

Wow, that was a close one. We have new growth today, and I just took some photo's of her. After checking her soil, I gave her a small amount of water, early this morning, and presto, new growth. The reason I waited so long was because of the flush, she got. It took this long for her container to dry enough for me to be comfortable with giving her more water.

Name:	DSCN2154 W.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	8846

Here are two photo's of Day 16

Name:	DSCN2130 W.jpg
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	8847Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2131 W.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	8848If you look at her first set of leafs, you can see that I almost blew~it with the canna start, not waiting long enough to start feeding. I was lucky I flushed her, or it could have went the other way.

More to Follow

Comment

Pheew! That was a close one. Impatience can get the better of even the most seasoned and experienced growers. We all love our weed so much it's sometimes hard to leave them to get on with their thing. Good recovery friend. Good luck with the rest of it.

Comment

Your sure right about that.

Too much, too fast, and I end up with a crispy critter, but she pulled thru O.K. I don't even know why I used the canna start to begin with, I just wanted to give her every opportunity to get off to a good start, and it was only 8 bucks, so lesson learned.

Comment

Day 20

I am still keeping her under the CFL's, and feeding water only.

Name:	DSCN2155 W.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	8853Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2157 W.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	8855Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2156 W.jpg
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	8854

Looking alot better today.

More to Follow

Comment

Day 21?

She stalled~out for 6 days, with no growth, so my counting day's is off a bit. But now she has taken off really good, and is growing fast. Still feeding water only, just 1-2 fluid oz's., every other day. It has been pretty hot these past few days, and still not in direct sunlight for more than an hour, or so, a few times a day, outdoors. But indoors she is in the far corner of grow area, and is doing well under the LED. I will start placing her higher, and closer to the grow light, as the days pass.

Name:	DSCN2165 W.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	8870

More to Follow

Comment

savety is the most important rule in growing. always make sure that there is no way of others finding out what you love to do.

Originally posted by Blazd4Daz View Post
                              Your sure right about that.

Too much, too fast, and I end up with a crispy critter, but she pulled thru O.K. I don't even know why I used the canna start to begin with, I just wanted to give her every opportunity to get off to a good start, and it was only 8 bucks, so lesson learned.

Yeah a growers weakness is getting carried away. Lord knows i've done it.
                              I start feed after 2 - 3 weeks. you have to remember that the soil it is in is still rich on nutes.

To be honest, I never liked canna products

Comment

Working...
                              X