Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guerrillas Gusto

Hi everyone!
    I wanted to do another strain review for you all and, as I sit here looking out of my window at the cold December sky, my mind is drawn to sunnier days and outdoor grows. So I thought I'd talk about Guerrillas's Gusto from Sensi.
    The story goes that Guerrilla's Gusto came from a strain from northern Spain that was gifted to Sensi a few years back. The strain was already tough and good for growing outdoors, but the team at Sensi had a tinker with the genetics, making this strain even hardier. The actual family tree of this strain appears to be a bit of a secret. All we know for sure is that it contains a variety of Indian strains, from both north and south, and some good old fashioned Skunk.
    As this was an outdoor grow I should probably tell you about the climate of the place that I grew it. A northern European climate, temperate, quite damp, frost free until late October/Early November. We get good summers normally but the climate is changeable and not easy to accurately predict. As it turns out the year I grew the GG was a good summer.
    I planted around a dozen Guerrilla's Gusto in pots in a Greenhouse in May. This way they can get a good size before I plant them out in June. I planted them out directly in the earth in a sheltered site that is a bit of a suntrap. The girls go up against a white painted wall and I think this really helps them.
    I prepare the soil by digging holes and putting a good few inches of pea gravel in at the bottom. I then fill the holes with a mix of quality garden compost, blood fish and bone and rooster booster. When I actually plant them out I put a small handful of mycorrhhizal powder right underneath the roots and water them well in.
    With the Guerilla's Gusto grow I then pretty much left them alone. They grew strong, although lankier than I had expected or wanted, looking quite sativa like in the growth pattern, tall with a Christmas tree shape. They were a bit straggly and not that pretty to look at. I was not disappointed with the yield though. I harvested in the first few days of October and each plant yielded somewhere between 5 and 8 ounces of pretty hard buds.
    GG smoked pretty well too. Not much flavor to talk about - spicy if anything. Hit was good though, definitely a night time smoke. Quite a heady indica stone that verged on the trippy. Pretty lazy ass weed.
    So, I would recommend GG to any outdoor growers, particularly beginners or anybody who needs to plant their seeds and then stay away from the site. Although my babies were well cared for, GG has a reputation for being able to be left completely alone and still putting out a good yield.
Working...
X