Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suitable Strains for Beginners

Hi
    We get a lot of questions from novice growers looking for information to get started out on their first grow. The users on the forum give them lots of information about lights and soil and grow rooms and all that good stuff.
    I think it's worth talking about strain selection. Whilst it is true that most cannabis plants (with the exception maybe of some of the big hazes and other sativas) are fairly way to grow, Some strains are definitely easier than others. Most of the indicas and indica dominant hybrids are fairly tolerant of diverse growing environments, a trait inherited from their genetic roots in the harsh mountain environments of their origins. Skunk strains too are generally fairly easy to grow, and their reliable stability means that the grower knows what to expect time after time.
    Even though I do not really grow them myself, auto strains can be an excellent choice for the beginner. Autos mostly thrive on being left alone and are a good way for a new grower to watch and get a feel for a grow. Their quick flowering time means it doesn't take long to get a few grows under your belt before moving up to full bloodied plants.
    Some of the seed banks, such as Sensi for example, even provide categories of seed strains suitable for beginners and this can be useful when deciding on what strain to choose for a first grow. Correct strain selection can make the difference between success and failure for a first time grower and is something that needs to be considered carefully.
    Maybe some of our members can suggest strains suitable for first timers...?
    Last edited by Buddy; 12-11-2013, 12:15 PM.
Working...
X