hybrid called Nordle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hybrid called Nordle

Visited a collective yesterday and was suggested that I try Nordle for pain and it worked quite well but - was a pretty good stoner as well. I can attest to this as I lost my care in a parking lot today - go figure. My question is if it's a hybrid who or how was it developed. I'm kind of new around here and hoping I'm in the right place - thanks

Strain Description and Info for Cannabis Hybrid "Nordle"

Strain:
    Nordle
    Breeder: Mr. Nice
    Type: mostly indica
    Flowering: ~56 days
    No feminized seeds.
    Mr Nice Seedbank - Nordle

During the 1960’s and early 1970’s, the best hashish in the world was purchased in tea-houses in Afghanistan. Its resin was sticky, its colour and texture were pure, its tangy taste was as sweet as honey from heaven, and its high was a dreamer’s paradise. The country’s ruler, King Saber Shah, loved it. In 1973, the king was ousted. In 1979, the Russians invaded, and the country’s troubles deteriorated. So did the hashish, which soon became a clumsy mixture of a variety of resins from different plants, idly and slovenly screened, and held together by animal fat. I first smuggled Afghan hashish in 1970. For reasons I never fully understood, we referred to it over the phone as “Nordle”. The contents of this packet are designed to bring those forgotten wonders of the 1960’s into your grow-rooms and into your consciousness.

Heritage: Afghan skunk
    Category: The Naturals - Old school genetics
    Family of breed: 50% Afghan, 50 % Skunk#1
    Breeder: Nevil and Shantibaba
    Preferred medium: Bio and Hydro, Indoors and outdoors/greenhouse

Expected yield: Due to its Afghan origins and the particular parent plants one would expect between 500-750 grams per square meter

Flowering period: Indoor flowering we found certain plants finishing in 6 weeks but this was extreme... what would be normal would be 7-9 weeks. Grown outside in the Northern Hemisphere early to mid October but watch out for rains... and mould. In the Southern Hemisphere March or early April would be expected.

Recommendations: For the inexperienced growers to the most advanced. Especially for greenhouse growers worldwide or short outdoor seasons.

Special Notes: This hybrid is probably one of the most consistently good alrounders. It has diverse uses and since it was named by Howard as a tribute to the good old days... well what more is there to add?
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 11-27-2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

thanks for the info blazd, I am impressed with this strain. So, one more for you, what two plants were used to get to this stage called nordle? Glad to here seeds are available for this strain, it's my new favorite - slo-han

Comment

Hi Slo Han
        Nordle is on the list from Howard Marks' CBD Crew. This is a project to identify and breed high CBD cannabis strains specifically for medicinal purposes.
        Read more about high CBD strains and the work of the CBD crew here.

Comment

slo-han

As far as I know, these 2 strains breeded together are "Nordle"

*Skunk #1
          • Skunk #1 is the first stablized hybrid developed for indoor cultivation and dates back to the 1970s California region. Skunk #1 has a heritage of Afghani, Mexican gold and Colombian gold. It was brought to Europe in the early 1980s and plays a heavy role in the ancestry of any modern indoor strain. This plant has a great consistency of generating a good strong punch with a great skunky sweet taste. Skunk #1 will take a lot of abuse and performs well both indoor and in a greenhouse.
          • * Plant type: Best suitable for indoor growing.
          • * Plant height: Medium- Indica/Sativa mix
          • * Stoned or high?: Stoney yet high- Allround Buzz
          • * THC level: Medium 8-15%
          • * Flowering Weeks: 8/9
          • * Yield (Sea of Green on one m2) : 400/500
          • * Harvest Month: 8/9
          • * Grow difficulty: Easy (Good for beginners)
          • * Plant height: Medium- Indica/Sativa mix
          • * Stoned or high?: Stoney yet high- Allround Buzz
          • * THC level: Medium 8-15%
          • * Flowering Weeks: 8/9
          • * Yield (Sea of Green on one m2) : 400/500
          • * Harvest Month: 8/9
          • * Grow difficulty: Easy (Good for beginners)
          Strain: Skunk #1
          Type: indica/sativa
          Flowering: ~60 days
          No feminized seeds.

*Afghan

Originally this strain was imported from Afghanistan and selectively bred in Holland for indoor cultivation. Afghan has a strong acrid aroma. Greasy resin glands extend to the fat shade leaves. The smoke is heavy with a strong almost numbing buzz if raised and cured properly. This plant has a high flower to leaf ratio and good yield. Afghan is one of the original genetic lines used in many popular modern day hybrids.

Plant type: Best suitable for indoor growing.
          Type: mostly indica
          Flowering: ~56 days
          No feminized seeds.
          Plant height: Short- Mostly Indica
          Stoned or high?: Stoned- Indica Body Buzz
          THC level: Strong 15-20%
          Flowering Weeks: 7/9
          Yield (Sea of Green on one m2) : 350-450
          Harvest Month: 9/10
          Grow difficulty: Easy (Good for beginners)

Plant height: Short- Mostly Indica
          Stoned or high?: Stoned- Indica Body Buzz
          THC level: Strong 15-20%
          Flowering Weeks: 7/9
          Yield (Sea of Green on one m2) : 350-450
          Harvest Month: 9/10
          Grow difficulty: Easy (Good for beginners)

*And where you can get CBD "Nordle"

Buy CBD Crew - CBD Nordle Feminised - Plus FREE Seeds
          Last edited by Blaze4daze; 11-28-2013, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the history lesson, that is what I was looking for. It certainly lives up to it's hype - slo-han

Comment

Working...
            X