Last topping before Bloom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last topping before Bloom

What do you~all think about the amount of time needed, after the last topping in veg, for new tops to develop before switching plants to Bloom (12x12) ???

My plants are at Week 11 in veg, last topping was almost 2 weeks ago and they still haven't fully developed new tops. I want to get them into bloom, but feel They still need time to fully develop their new tops. Never waited this long for new tops to form, will they finish developing ok even if I put them to Bloom, or should I wait another week? Still have plenty of room overhead for them to grow thru till harvest, barely.

My thoughts are they would grow more with lights on 18 hours if kept in veg, compared to 12 hours of light if I switch to bloom. Can I get some feedback from you's all's, what ya think??

Remember Blaze4daze that after turning to 12/12 you're plants will still grow more for another 2 weeks or so then slow right down. And thinking since its been 2 weeks since you last topped anything, I would say you're in good shape to turn to 12/12 and let them have that last bit of growing spurt. I say too as long as you got some nice tight internode spacing and lots on each branch, you're good as gold my friend. Plants also tend to do more growth at night then during the day. During the day plants convert sunlight into sugar. During the dark hours the plant uses the sugar to grow.

Comment

Yeah I would agree with Katziwolf, putting them onto 12/12 now would do no harm. As the plants still growing for up to 4weeks in the bloom stage.

Comment

I agree. I've been doing some reading and research about this. There was one youtube video I watched where the guy topped just before flipping and hot 3 big colas coming from the new tops.
        I have just flipped mine shortly after topping and am pretty confident that the newly nipped out tips will grow out again in time.
        So yeah, flip, let's see what happens ;-)

Comment

Thanks, Katzie, GreenGrower and Saturnalia.

Just for peace of mind and hopefully a better yield, I'm waiting a few more days to switch to bloom. As you can barely see, (Out of focus) their still not quite ready, here is one of them. These plants will be my medicine for the next year, so I'm not going to rush them into bloom, just yet. A few more days still needed, I'll make room overhead, if needed.

Thanks again for your interest and feedback.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X