forcing plants to show their sex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forcing plants to show their sex

I have not grown from seed for many years. This year I bought some seed that are not feminized. Many years ago I alway grew from seed. Clones were some far off dream and feminized plant were a rumor. When the plant were 2 months old (Late May) I would give them sun from 11 AM till 5 PM and kept them in the dark the rest of the time. With in a week most of the males would start to show. Then they went into big pots or the ground.
    Is there something wrong with this? Will I get more males?

Nothing wrong with this. If you limit daylight hours to invoke pre-flowering you will be able to identify the males and then revert to veg by going back to full days of natural sunlight. The process of starting flowering and then reverting to veg will slow your plants down a little, but if you live somewhere with a reasonable climate and growing season it shouldn't really be a problem. This will make no difference at all to the amount of males v females.

Comment

Thank you!!
      Years ago seeds were free or cost very little. Now with the cost. every seed is importent.

Comment

So when you find your prize female from the seeds you planted, you'll then be able to take your own cuttings. Giving you an abundance of free weed. Nicey.

Comment

Started 3 day ago with only 6 hr of sun. 10 - 4. Think it is not enough sun. New Leaves are toooo light green from not enough sun, so now I'm worried about burring at noon. I'm going to give them 8 hr today. I know many years ago I did 6 hrs, but don't remember it have such a large effect on the plants growth. They are GREAT looking plants. Hope I don't fuck them up!

Comment

This is a pic of what a male pre-flower looks like. I hope you can see it. A lot of people get caught out thinking that the 2 stipules you see, that they are the female pre-flowers,, they are not...

Comment

Working...
            X