Need help identifying sex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying sex

Can someone please tell me if this is a male or female? Looks a lot like a male to me, but need to know before I butcher the poor thing.

Sabaya

PB110525.jpg

https://howtogrowmarijuana.com/hydroponic-marijuana-sexing

Judging by those big knobby things on base stem, I reckon that's a male plant!
    A female will usually have small, hairy things in that spot instead of knobs....

Comment

Looks like a male to me. Bad luck.

Comment

Sorry, its a male

Saw your pic, sorry its a male. I just had to destroy two of them this morning that were the most beautiful yesterday that you ever layed eyes on. This morning they were covered with "balls". I cried...

Comment

That is almost certainly a male. If you keep it those little nodes will become balls...males have balls. And those balls will swell with pollen if you keep them growing and will one day bust open. If you have females nearby they will be pollenated and you will get seeds on the females.

If you have no females then you can either try again....or wait it out and smoke the male plant. I won't be that good but at least you will have a little smoke while you wait on some females to grow. That's the thing with growing, it's hit or miss with males or females. I have one plant I grew in the last 4 months and got lucky. It's a nice bushy female and will soon render some hopefully great times. Others may tell you it's a waste of time but YMMV.

Comment

I've ended up with males in the past from outdoor grows. I used them generously in cookies and drinks and definitely got a hit off them. A poor consolation but better than nothing.

Comment

its a dude!

yep. thats a male buddy
              if i may ask a question.. why don't you guys buy feminized seeds?

Comment

Femenized

Late on the reply, sorry. Can't speak for others, but for me it's a cost issue. Not to mention, if I can get one female, I can clone more.

Comment

Out door...Some OG's taking their sweet time to show sex, what's up with this?

I am a bit perplexed...using seed stock (nothing new), and all's well (as usual) except with a few OG stragglers (this season). these have been in veg about 8 weeks and pretty tall and still not showing sex??? They are healthy and never been stressed. In the branch crotch you might think you see nut sac's but after careful observation over a few days new leaves are emerging from those sites. I see no male sites and I see no female pistols.(yes using magnifying glass) How much longer should I wait? I could yank them I guess and replace them with something else. Anyone have any suggestions or have dealt with this before?
                  Thank you

Comment

Light is the answer

Monteginger, You talk about how long your plants have been growing. We need to here how long these girls are in the light. The plants move from a vegetation stage to a flower stage depending on the amount of light the plant receives. Some strains flower sooner, meaning they can start into flower when they receive 13-14 and even 15 hours of light. Most strains love 12/12to flower. The plants your refer to need to have less day light hours and you'll send them on their way.... It sounds like your outdoors now (06/2013) so you'll have to cover the plants with black plastic sheet(s) so the plants receive 12 hours of day light and 12 hours of night light (dark)...

I am indoors so when I change the light structure to 12/12, I place a clothes pin on the edge of the plant container with the date on the pin, this way I can count the weeks from the time I change the light. 20/4 is what I use in the vegetation room. Many use 24 hours straight in the vegetation room. The day I change over I date the plant then count 8-9-10 weeks (depending on strain) of 12/12 and before you know it lots of cloudy and many amber trichomes (resin glands) will appear. Time to harvest...and smoke...

Comment

Any Idea what these are ?
                      FREEZE.jpg

Comment

You won't know the sex of those plants till they are in 12/12 unless they are clones and you know its from a female but judging by the pic those are still young and in veg mode still. Keep them in veg longer.

Comment

I suggest you take down your pants and if you have a penis it means you are male but if it looks asthough you have been axed you are a girl LMFAO

Comment

To funny! What a trip!lol

Comment

Sorry about that people jst could nt help myself and just thought i would lighten things with abit of humour.

Comment

Working...
                              X