do i harvest what looks ripe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i harvest what looks ripe?

i had a bit of trouble and my plants stopped for a bit, but are back growing again. theres small tight buds up the center, the hairs have gone from white to redish brown and they have no new growth on them but other parts of the plants have new growth and the hairs are still white. the top of the plants are nowhere near ready yet. do i cut these buds off and let the rest mature, or do i leave them?

Leave them for a bit and see how it turns out.
    Do you have a good quality magnifyer so that you can see the trichomes? You can pick up a watchmakers or jewellers glass on ebay for around 10 bucks and it will really make a difference in helping you decide.

Extreme Q
    Last edited by Mr Scruff; 07-21-2013, 09:18 AM.

Comment

I personally harvest what is ready, and leave the rest to mature. This way the entire plant is harvested at its peak potency.
      Like Mr. Scruff said, invest in a magnifier and learn what to look for in order to determine peak harvest time. This is the only (easy/cheap) way to know the exact time the plant is ready.
      I don't know if this is okay to say, and if not, I appologize to the admins, but I use a 60-100 power microscope I got from RadioShack for about $12. I works great and you can see everything you need to see with it.

Comment

I usually go by the sticky factor....
        If you lightly pinch a bud and it sticks to your finger, it's probably ready to go!
        There is one other thing to consider though. The longer you leave them on the plant, the more time the THC has to convert to CBT.
        If you want to be high, harvest right as the hairs are starting to turn color. If you want to be stoned, wait until it's dark brown and almost too sticky to handle with your bare hands!
        Last edited by Dang ol Stoner; 11-18-2012, 08:14 AM. Reason: Typographical

Comment

Working...
        X