Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Law V Fed Law?

It's never straight forward is it?
    Does anybody here have an opinion on this that would help explain it to someone from outside the US.
    http://www.pe.com/local-news/riversi...l-maneuver.ece

I di not read the link but by the title of your post, here is what I have observed. I think that with the recentl exceptions of Colorado and Washington state, pot is still illegal everywhere on the planet. Yes, even in Amsterdam it is illegal. They tolerate it but keep it illegal just in case. If you cause a problem with it, they can and will arrest you for posession even in Amsterdam. And even in Colorado and Washington, you can still be arrested by the feds and even the local cops can arrest you if you have more than what is allowed. Or if you're causing trouble they can arrest you for being under the influence in public. These are the things which will make legalization a real tricky topic over the next few years. And this is why again, I'm pleading with the tokers in Colorado and Washington to keep it cool. The whole world will be watching and if it works, then we can look forward to more states loosening up the laws and maybe one day the feds backing off too. I still hope for the day that you can walk into a public store and buy a pack of reefers, but more so that employers will stop terminating people who test positive for smoking weed.

Comment

Working...
    X