Legalizing cannabis on a federal level

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legalizing cannabis on a federal level

Hi! I am not a marijuana user, just someone who thinks everyone should have a choice. I also feel we are wasting tax dollors and ruining lives over pot. I started a petition for legalizing pot on a federal level. My budget is zero, so I need to go to groups like yours to ask if you will sign! Thank you! genie

well...once I start growing and selling the weed, I might have some money to contribute to the campaign!

Comment

http://norml.org/

BTW, here's a link to NORML's website...
      I believe they have petitioners as well with common goals...
      You might get some ideas there....

Comment

It will come to either a SC decision or a Congressional action

The SC decision will look back to Wickard v Filburn and Gonzales v Raich and probably choose to keep federal law as the law of the land. Get this, these cases say that it is allowed for the federal government to regulate personal production or intrastate production in states where it is legal, because it affects the interstate commerce of a black market. How can the government claim to regulate a black market? It seems to me to be a complete contradiction. Oh well.

The game plan ought to be to convince conservatives that this is a conservative issue. This case can be made using a stool of 4 legs:
        1. Principles: individualism (my neighbor doesn't care what I put into my body as long as I do no harm to him or his), the Harm Principle, punish the abuse and not the use. Prohibition creates crime. Good conservative principles.
        2. Cost/Benefit Analysis of Prohibition: costs of prohibition outweigh the benefits.
        3. Fiscal Policy: taxation & regulation helps the state while prohibition costs the state
        4. Private Sector Growth: projections of a $100 billion direct industry.
        Here's the thing we ought to be spreading. The upcoming fiscal cliff needs addressing. Both sides agree that we need revenue increases and spending cuts. Ending prohibition does both of these things.

Comment

Grow some green to make some green...gotcha!

Comment

still the problem

Making the green is great, but, if it becomes fully legal, and you do it the legal way and supply a dispensary or an abc store . But to grow above the amount allowed to sell without paying taxes is still black market. (Part of the big pictures big problem.) But yeah there are quite a few places to jump on this future commodity! We will see a change everywhere! WAKE UP UNITED STATES!!!!

Comment

I know it might seem grim now. But the US has led the way with Washington and Colorado. I remain very optimistic and hope that we can get some reasonable legislation in the UK soon. I always thought I would never see the day, but after the lead taken by the US (in all the MMJ states as well as WA and CO) I am more hopeful than ever. With the current economic crisis maybe the decision makes will finally wake up to the amount of money they waste through criminalising the herb.

Comment

Many people say US will have legalization in 5-10 years I think it will be within a year or 2. There are many new proponents of legalization who are saying, if 2 whole states believe in the majority, that Marijuana is a benign plant with many healing properties, we need to take a look at the whole thing again and without the government yelling in our ears.

Many countries are waiting and watching to see how the US is going to handle 2 states with legalized MJ. We are beginning to get the blow back from the countries we have bullied and threatened and seeing it legal in US states makes them think maybe just maybe the US is not the authority on MJ as they thought.

Many states have put legalization on the ballot for next election. if even 1 legalizes, it will back up Washington and Colorado and the dominoes will start to fall. The movement is gaining momentum. Things are moving very fast.

I think as soon as it is legal in US by majority other countries will take another look.

We can all hope!

Comment

Where's da money?

Now im thinking, what is the DEA doing with the funds that theyre not using in our recreational and medical states? Obama has instructed the agency to let these states alone as long as we stay with in the stats laws. I dont have any money figures, but Im sure there is now, federal tax money saved that should go towards the destruction of Mexican drug lords working in the United States.Why bother me in my little hills of Virginia?

Comment

New Problem

The new attack on both states (Washington, Colorado) is by their adjacent states. There is word in the wind that these states are going to sue the Feds to enforce the current Fed laws. Why? Because these adjacent states are going to make the claim that the weed in their states comes across the state line from the states that are legal

Comment

Hi Guys. Just moved this thread to a more relevant section of the forum. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X