Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Melinda Haag's "Reasoning" for Persecuting Harborside Medical Marijuana dispensaries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melinda Haag's "Reasoning" for Persecuting Harborside Medical Marijuana dispensaries

http://blog.sfgate.com/bottomline/20...health-center/

U.S. ATTORNEY: "WHY I'M BUSTING HARBORSIDE"

This from U.S. Attorney Melinda Haag in San Francisco:

On Monday, July 9, this office filed civil forfeiture actions against 1840 Embarcadero, Oakland, California, and 2106 Ringwood Avenue, San Jose, where Harborside, a marijuana dispensary claiming over 108,000 customers, operates.

This office has used its limited resources to address those marijuana dispensaries that operate close to schools, parks and playgrounds. As I have said in the past, this is a non-exclusive list of factors relevant to whether we should commence civil forfeiture actions against marijuana properties, and circumstances may require us to address other situations.

I now find the need to consider actions regarding marijuana superstores such as Harborside. The larger the operation, the greater the likelihood that there will be abuse of the state’s medical marijuana laws, and marijuana in the hands of individuals who do not have a demonstrated medical need.

The filing of the civil forfeiture complaints against the two Harborside properties is part of our measured effort to address the proliferation of illegal marijuana businesses in the Northern District of California.

The way I read the statement, Harborside hasn’t actually done anything illegal (at least in terms of California law) that we can find. but because it’s big, it must be guilty.
Working...
X