Hello all ..new to growing... have questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all ..new to growing... have questions

Ok this is my first time growing. I have a little area outside my room that is roughly 9.5 ft by 4.5 ft. It is open at the top. I am planning to close the top with a pvc frame to block light and use an aeroponics system to grow. My concerns are 1) I'm in Texas and its illegal to grow so what should I be careful of? 2) It being illegal is it safe to buy seeds from a house online? 3) How beginner friendly is an aeroponics system? I'm sure there are many questions I still need to ask but these are the first before I commit to trying this.

Hey Polymorph. Welcome.
    I can help you with some of this.
    Q1 - the smell is the biggest risk. Invest well in a high end carbon filter. Check out this link to the odor control page.
    Q3 - A total aeroponic system can be quite easy to run as long as you do some research and follow a plan. I would say though that soil is pretty much the easiest medium for beginners (IMO) as it is more forgiving of mistakes and errors.

The security of seed houses would be better answered by someone on your own area.
    Hope this helps a bit.

Comment

Hey ty for the reply...I was wondering...this area that im thinking bout using is an outside area im just going to cover the top to control the sun exposure...will I still need a odor control?

Comment

Originally posted by Polymorph View Post
        Ok this is my first time growing. I have a little area outside my room that is roughly 9.5 ft by 4.5 ft. It is open at the top. I am planning to close the top with a pvc frame to block light and use an aeroponics system to grow. My concerns are 1) I'm in Texas and its illegal to grow so what should I be careful of? 2) It being illegal is it safe to buy seeds from a house online? 3) How beginner friendly is an aeroponics system? I'm sure there are many questions I still need to ask but these are the first before I commit to trying this.
        It is logical if it is forbidden in your state - it is unwise to order seeds from home, because you just need to calculate and come to you after a while, when your harvest will be and there will be a serious article). Do everything neatly and without attracting too much attention to your person.

Comment

Far as i know its not illegal to purchase marijuana seeds. It is illegal to germinate them if it is illegal in the state you live.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRitcher View Post

It is logical if it is forbidden in your state - it is unwise to order seeds from home, because you just need to calculate and come to you after a while, when your harvest will be and there will be a serious article). Do everything neatly and without attracting too much attention to your person.
            I have a pal in Sweden who this actually happened to. He ordered seeds online. Luckily he grew them out in the woods in a safe place because about 6 months after he got them the police came and searched the house and told him that they had intercepted the seeds to his house, but allowed them through and then followed up looking for a harvest.

I believe that there's just too many growers where I live to make this feasible, and possibly the same in USA - I don't know. But in rural Sweden this actually happened.

Comment

Working...
            X