No announcement yet.

Newbies need to post more

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice there coconutisland, i havent decided yet if i am going to start a few plants so i can toss outside once its time.

Comment

I read up on this post and find some good stuff here like these terms - over whelmed, under answered and over stressed. It's not fun when someone asks a question and gets no answer. But sometimes it is the way the question is put. I recently did a post on leaves that were brown splotted inside at the vein and green on the outside. Now, when one re-reads that statement it means nothing. It means nothing because I did not post a pic so all could see. In short nobody knew what the hell I was talking about. Of course when your new to a site how do you learn how to post and what to post to get your answer. Well, that falls on the pros that are hear and or mods. I am not a pro, just been doing outside stuff for years and then quit and then started up again when my state allowed for Medical grows. (they are trying to eliminate that now so they can get MO MONEY). I am here to help if I can but sometimes the way the question is put makes me sit back and watch. We are all different and do things different to achieve a same goal. 24 hrs on Verses 18 or 16. I've tried both but I am not a wizard at this. I have learned that 24 on has a few down falls like use of space - if your 24 on you can't put any seedlings or clones in because when you take them out they go to flower regardless of size. Putting them back causes them to revert but...............now,16 or 18, well, you can utilize your space better without problems like that. 24 on can also give you heat problems. As far as the bills, well, I've never worried about that. All hobbies cost money and that's just the way it is. I do believe if a chat room was developed we would eliminate a bunch of problems with people posting and not getting answers. We had a bad apple in the bunch once but he is gone now (I think the mods shot him but don't tell anybody). We also have to think about the people that think this is easy and ask a few questions and then kill everything - suddenly they are not having fun and it's our fault because we said.........We have a good site here and I am learning bunches. I am also into experimenting and when I hear something weird, well, I'm going to try it - that is how I learn. After all aren't we all here to learn? Holy Cow, the way I used to grow is nothing like I grow today and probably not like I will grow next year God willing. I want to thank my buds on this forum for all the help I have received and hope they forgive me my weird humor at times - I mean nothing by it, just having fun. Stay healthy and grow big and by the way - answer the damn question - slo

Comment

I'm trying to get some help with a particular plant in my 2nd attempt at indoors grown outside past 4yrs with very great success Baybilly

Comment

Do you know what the strain is and how far exactly is the light from the canopy?

Comment

First pic looks like it has more nitrogen than needed. The leaves are clawing and deep green = to much nitrogen - my 2 cents - slo

Comment

It is hard to help without some background, specifically, what is the plant doing or not doing, medium used, lights and wattages, types of nutrients... and pictures! I know it takes a little getting used too, this new found freedom to post and even talk openly about growing... Even here in Colorado, In still find myself looking over my shoulder when I am taking a batch of clones and I take extra just in case a few do not make it or look good...

Comment

Hey I'm a newbie and would love to reply more but just don't have the expertise to provide information.

Comment

I started growing when I was a teenager in upstate New York and went through alot of trial and error. I have grown outdoor in NY, NC with great success. I did a few years of indoor hydroponics that turning into a really enjoy and profitably business/Bobbie. I love to grow its like therapy for me. Ok so here's my problem. I started two different strains from seed they germinate just fine. They were put into solo cup under a T5 light 24 he light until they were big enough to sex I then cut the light to 12/12 within a week or so I had my girl and boys. I then got rid of the boys leaving the girls under light 16 hours a day for 4-5 days. I then transplanted to bigger pot and put them outside that was about 2 weeks ago. Ow yeah I'm in California now so they are getting great California Sun with 80' days. Most of them are not going back to veg state but are still trying to flower. What went wrong and can I fix it? Thanks so much for the help.

Comment

Today is my first day here, i hope everyone is well, and learning what they have come to see, or others able to help those that need a hand, I dont quite understand why the issue here is most beginners come here clueless, a person learns by doing. while reading to learn , i encourage trying what you see at that time,, in the process of trying , one may see a step more clearly, than by waiting until they have a a Phd, ( Pot Harvesting Doctorate ). just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X