No announcement yet.

Newbies need to post more

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back off of everything Dedi. Just let them drink straight tap water till they recover. Don't even worry about ph right now. My guess is they will recover after a week or two, hopefully. You can juice them up too much, with this and that and overdo it real easy, but they should recover with only regular tap water. Your so close to being done, never give up.

However you can, get a fan pointed at them on low, they need the air movement badly. Hang in there, ok? their not done yet and please keep us updated. Best of luck.

Comment

• Dedi
      Dedi commented
      Editing a comment
      so keep it on 12-12 time?

You can trim off all those yellow and damaged leafs too.

Comment

trying to show whats going on with plant. don't want to cut down just yet. what would u do?

Comment

oki ill try the plain water and a fan and trim leaves. do I keep on 12 -12 ?
        Last edited by Dedi; 01-30-2015, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Dedi

Looks like you had a slight nutrient deficiency that could have been corrected with a tad more nutrients and a bloom booster, instead you were told to hit them with the Epsom salts and that delivered too much nitrogen, that and the need for air movement.

I would flush real good and only let them drink straight tap water, not worry about pH right now till they recover. Your photos tell the story, good job getting them to us.

Hang in there, you should be ok with a good flush again, (asap). Post again after a week w/photos, then we can go from there, ok? you can trim all those yellowed and damaged leafs off too. Good Luck.

Comment

• pitviper
            pitviper commented
            Editing a comment
            the problem is not too much mag...,magnesium will lock out nutes in hydro, if the ph is not adjusted... and plain water in hydroponics also has to be ph'd to 5.5-5.8 or else the plant will cease up and go into shock.you are a soil grower and hydro is whole different animal.
            my guess seeing that there is burn as well as deficient growth... points to too many frequent res changes,and an unstable ph.and poor air exchange.

take leaves that are around %75 or more damaged

Comment

Yes, stay on 12/12 religiously and no light leaks during dark periods.

Comment

Hi Dedi if you are going to grow hydro/soiless in the future you most definitely need a PH & EC meter and the calibration fluids that go along with them. Grow charts are only a guide and are quiet often to much for most strains if you follow them.

Comment

• pitviper
                pitviper commented
                Editing a comment
                the best sensible answer so far,and a probable fix/ cure.

I use soil and have a millwaukee 600 pH pen and can see its helped me out really well.

Comment

also when growing in DWC,you have to premix and adjust the nutrients separately,and let them stabilize for a day,then readjust ph before you add them to the tank/reservoir,root system.

Comment

• pitviper
                  pitviper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i might also add that recovery will not occur in a day or two or even a week,the grower in question was expecting to see an improvement in only a matter of a few days?...recovery at best may take a week to ten days or several weeks.
                  it is very common to see that over zealous impatient novice growers will always make the most mistakes.

UPDATE: been 4 days and leaves seem like there clearing up as far as yellowing. so what your saying Pitviper is when you mix nutrients I should have ? 3 different containers with each nutrient in them? and ph separately or add all 3 in 1 container and ph it all and wait a day and readjust ph and then add to res.? sorry a little confused. on the meter will have to wait on it till my prob. with c.c. is taken care of. also ph/ec monitors are really high priced. any suggestions on finding a cheap 1? getting 2 different/ ph or not to ph which is right
                Last edited by Dedi; 02-02-2015, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• pitviper
                  pitviper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  first,i would like to apologize for the somewhat harsh critique.
                  "add all 3 in 1 container and ph it all and wait a day and readjust ph and then add to res.?"
                  yes...just remember to add the micro first,...mix well... wait a couple of hours....adjust Ph...let settle for24hr's....recheck...then if necessary,readjust ph...take another reading a couple hours later...if it's in the right range,then you can add to the tank.
                  good to know problems are being sorted...just be patient.

• Dedi
                  Dedi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ok thanks,will do. what about water I have in tank for last 4 days its un ph'd u said it needed to b ph'd, said plant would cease up and go into shock.
                  Last edited by Dedi; 02-03-2015, 09:42 AM. Reason: oki will c what happens in 3 more days, plants are taking about a gallon a day of water so no prob. yet with that

• pitviper
                  pitviper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  don't disturb them for several more days,let the plants use up some of the residual nutrients it has already absorbed.
                  check to see if they are taking up any water by the level you previously added.
                  if they start to droop or begin turning pale...then adjust the add back water to between 5.0-6.0,,,top off,then check in another day or two to see if they're taking up water.

I've posted. I'm here for now. Maybe could be that they are frustrated, gave up. Gave up trying to find where to land the post. But I'm pressing through, and learning, and hope that your patience doesn't wear thin on me if I make a mistake where to post. Then again, maybe like me, in my 50s now and a Noob that grew up in that paranoid years that you experimented throwing seeds and saw something and it went away but were afraid you'd be arrested if anyone saw it. Who knows. But I decided that I would experiment for two reasons. 1) High Blood Pressure with complications and allergies to 5 medications and at very high risk to stroke, and, 2) it's virtually legal to a point and why can't I see what I can do because the cost to buy when needed is getting costly and I love gardening and it keeps me active in my retirement which also helps my HBP, etc. Where do I get CE points? Thanks to all the help I've received from these forums and boards, etc. I am learning a lot and enjoy, and I am happy to have a plant that has been very patient, resilient, and has endured all that I have thrown at it even though still in trial and error. This is my first plant and seems I'm conquering, and looking forward to apply what I've learned to the next plant with better new first-start results. I am only growing one plant in an AG. It is surviving ... me. And with all your help.

Comment

Subscribe to your interest. Just also learned

Comment

P.S. Looking for administrators to chime in for help as to how to contact them because I am another blind person that needs help.

Comment

been 7 days just showing more pics of plants after should I keep using water? plants drinking about a gallon of water a day and getting some new growth
                      Last edited by Dedi; 02-06-2015, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X