All Advice is appreciated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Advice is appreciated

Hi all I am new to growing and could use some help. First off I plan to do a personal grow in a 4x4x7 Apollo grow tent that a friend gave me. I plant to grow organic and have found a few good soil recipes already but my question is I am looking to grow maybe 2 or 3 or more depending on the suggestions I receive using L.E.D. lights. I was wondering if this light is good to use Apollo Horticulture GL140X5LED Full Spectrum 700W LED Grow Light for Indoor Plant Growing -Coverage: 3.5x3.5 Ft (Vegetative Stage), 3x3 Ft (Flowering Stage). Also yes I know that it will not cover the complete grow area that is why I will be deciding to use cfl lighting on the bottom half of my plants. But I guess what my questions are is this a good L.E.D. grow light? Does anyone have experience with lights from this company? Also will the CFL lighting that I use for the bottom half of my plants about how many cfl should I use for the bottom half of the plant?

I'm thinking that 3 plants in a 4x4 room will cause complete over crowding. Regardless of light source if it's placed right your plants(if tended well) will grow up and out. That being said, there are techniques out there that can help with your yield. Read up on scrogg methods. Read up on sea of green. It still takes room for the grow. Pinching or cropping will cause many tops and end up with many buds. I would suggest two plants and manipulate them to get good results - my 2 cents - -slo

Comment

I'm thinking at least 4 plants and thats even in 5 gallon pots would be perfect for that area. All depends on how high you want them to grow, what method you plan on using eg. scrog or sea of green and the strain you are growing. CFL's work great for lower lighting i do it myself all the time.

Comment

Hi Katzie its good to see another female grower ;-) and hello slo-han. Ok I was planning on doing autos which usually stay about from 1 to 3 ft or 4 ft tall from what I have been reading about them. Also yes I plan to use 5 gallon smart pots to grow in. Also can someone give me feed back on the light I posted up please. I am wondering will it be suitable to fit this space and provide enough penetration over the canopy so that I get good tight buds I no that the CFL side lighting will help. I just want to be sure that this company sells good products I figured I would go through them since my tent came from Apollo and it looks nice and sturdy and I also want to be sure that this is a good L.E.D. light. Also like I said it is for personal use and I really only have about 1100 to spend on the complete set up so idk about those sea of green methods and screen of green they might not be in my budget at the moment. I would like to try and get a few simple grows under my belt before I go into the advance methods of mass producing yields if I could obtain 1 zip off a plant of a 1/2 I would be happy. I am trying to pretty much plant let it do its own thing and baby it when it needs it you know nutrients fixing deficiencies if needed. Right now as for strains I got these auto strains that my friend gave to me they are pineapple chunk, sweet tooth, easy bud and pineapple express as for photoperiod strains I have some grand daddy purp, master kush, royal caramel, and exodus cheese. I am looking to just grow a few plants like I had said keep them say about 4 ft maybe 4 1/2 max so that I leave room for my lights to be adjusted when needed without light bleaching my plants. Again thank you to all who answer my questions.

Comment

LoL i am not female SoCal760

Katzie is the name of my First Nation.

Comment

My bad sorry about that I have a sister whose name is katyie so I figured you were a female again sorry bout that lol

Comment

LoL no problem SoCal. As for LED lighting i have read some good reviews for Apollo and that size would do you well i am thinking.
              Last edited by Katzie_Wolf71; 01-09-2015, 10:10 PM.

Comment

ok thanks Wolf im putting my list together for my growing materials and supply's an seen that L.E.D. on amazon and thought I would ask about it before I decided to purchase it or not so I think I made a good find than again thanks Wolf

Comment

I would keep researching or wait for some others to give a hand in your decision, cause i have never used them myself.

Comment

Ok thanks wolf I think that is what I am going to do. Im do some more research as well as wait for others to ping in and see what others thoughs about this L.E.D. light are.

Comment

Welcome SoCal!

There are a few of us here that are using Supergrow.com LED's, the Spectrum King with pretty good results. You can read Saturnalia's, Mega nute and my grow diarys in the "Grow Diary Section" here in the forum to see what kind of yields were getting from that LED, if you like. Click back a few pages there, to get to some of the diary's. I'm pretty sure they all say "LED grows", somewhere in their titles.

Great light for a 4x4 area if you keep a flat canopy. Side double socket CFL's work good, for getting a~little extra light down lower too. More light = bigger budz every time, I always say. Let us know how your grow is going, when you get underway. Best of Luck to ya.
                      Last edited by Blaze4daze; 01-12-2015, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the site SoCal, I'm not much help with those leds but I use the Mars Hydro led lights. They make 2 different styles, 1 of them with a reflector system that puts out a brighter more directed light and that is what I use. They work well and I haven't had a single problem with the ones I have and are priced right too. For a comparison on price look at e-bay and I think I've seen the Apollo's on there also. Good luck and have fun.
                        Mike

Comment

So I had been looking into the L.E.D. light I wanted to buy and started with this light Apollo Horticulture GL140X5LED Full Spectrum 700W LED Grow Light for Indoor Plant Growing

High Output 5W Chips

Cooling: 2 - 4.5" Fans

Coverage: 3.5x3.5 Ft (Vegetative Stage), 3x3 Ft (Flowering Stage)

Lumen: 18900

Power Consumption: At 110V: 334W +- 5% / At 220V: 326W +-5%

Amps: 110V - 2.94A / 220V - 1.51A

Voltage: 85~265V

Than I started looking into the next light down which is the 400 watt with the specs below.
                          400 watt Apollo Horticulture GL80X5LED Full Spectrum 400W LED Grow Light for Indoor Plant Growing here's its specs

High Output 5W Chips
                          View Angel: Mixed - 90°/120° seen the

Cooling: 2 - 4.5" Fans

Coverage: 3x3 Ft (Vegetative Stage), 2.5x2.5 Ft (Flowering Stage)

Lumen: 10800

Power Consumption: At 110V: 198W +- 5% / At 220V: 192W +-5%

Amps: 110V - 1.8A / 220V - 0.88A

Voltage: 85~265V

View Angel: Mixed - 90°/120°

My question is should I get the 700 watt light or should I get 2 of the 400 watt lights which I think will provide more coverage? Any thoughts and help is appreciated

Comment

That's a good question SoCal. Would almost consider getting 2, 400 wt'ers and 45 degree them, at both ends of your canopy for better coverage. Then again a 700 wt'er over the top at 10~12 inches from your tops in bloom, is hard not to want. Tough decision there. Best of Luck with it.

You could always use your CFL's on the sides if you get the 700 wt'er, as many as you can deal with too. The double socket junction for the single bulb type CFL's works well also. I've never seen results from the Apollo LED yet, but I've read a few good reviews.

Comment

Hi All Back again been going over fertilizers and what not but. I am wondering should I pop and get two 7oo waters which is about 700 or should I pop and get this one instead Advanced Platinum Series P450 450w 11-band LED Grow Light - DUAL VEG/FLOWER SPECTRUM it runs about the same price if I was two buy two 700 waters.

Platinum LED lights have the HIGHEST PAR/LUMEN OUTPUT PER WATT of any LED grow light! 2x-3x the intensity of any other lights!
                              • COMPLETE *11-band spectrum* with: 380(UV)/415/440/460/480/615/630/660/720/740/760(IR)nm high-output 3W LEDs with primary 60 degree lens PLUS 90 degree secondary focusing lens
                              • Selectable VEG/FLOWER switches with 3x high speed whisper quiet fans plus ALL NEW upgraded aluminum cooling heat sinks
                              • 600w HPS replacement with 4.5ft x 4ft coverage @ 18" height - PERFECT for compact applications or using multiple units for even coverage
                              • **COMPLETE 5 YEAR WARRANTY** plus our exclusive **90 DAY SATISFACTION OR RETURN GUARANTEE**

Advanced Platinum Series P450 Specs:
                              * Distance from plants: 8 to 48 inches depending on plant type
                              * Total Coverage Area: 4.5ft x 4ft coverage @ 18" height
                              * Power Usage: 137w Grow / 274w Bloom
                              * LED Chips: 150 x 3w (MADE IN USA Bridgelux LEDs)
                              * Voltage: AC 85-260v - ALL INTERNATIONAL PLUGS AVAILABLE - WORLDWIDE SHIPPING!
                              * Weight: 18 lbs
                              * Dimensions: 19 inches x 11 inches x 3 inches

In the end which would be better to use two 700 watter or the single platinum series LED?

Comment

Working...
                              X