intro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intro

Hi - I am Freddy and forgive me for ignorance. I am new here and never done this (but old at 62yo). I am in Hawaii and very interested in learning. Again, pls have patience with me and greetings to all.

Welcome Freddy from Hawaii

Glad you stopped by and please don't be shy, lots of good reading around here with plenty of help for you, when your ready to get underway. Currently just grew some Hawaiian Maui Waui and love it, best smoke I've grown for awhile. Love the smell and flavor, great smoke.

Head on over to the grow diary section, on the home page, lots of great info there for you to read and learn the ropes, if you like.

Comment

Aloha Freddy,
      I am new here also and know how it being a first timer. I see blazed has pointed you towards the grow diaries which has a lot of good information but to help get you pointed in the right direction I would like to ask you one simple question. How do you plan on growing indoors, outdoors, a grow tent or hydroponics? With you answer to how you plan to grow someone from this friendly community will help to point you in the right direction and get you on your way to perfecting a growing technique.

Comment

• freddy
        freddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow-Thanks! Probably outdoors. I need a lot of reading first, then try to get some seeds. It is weird here in that with a medical mj license one can grow but no Avenue for buying or obtaining seeds or clones. (I am on oahu)

Welcome Freddy, hope your visit is and enjoyable one! Ask whatever you need to know. You can get seeds from many wonderful places in England, Spain and Canada.they say that they don't sell to America, but they all do. They will sell to you. It is best to only send USPS M.O. You can go to Wal-mart and get and international prepaid Visa card and use it over the phone to make your purchase quicker. Never have your seeds sent to the place where you grow! Most are packed hidden in something and you play a game and search threw it and get your purchase! Mega

Comment

Welcome Freddy, I think you'll enjoy it here, I do.
        Mike

Comment

Aloha Freddy. Welcome. With your climate growing outdoors should be a breeze. Ask away if you have specific questions and someone will try to answer them.
          If you already have a site selected for your grow, the first thing you should be considering is what strain you want to grow. Do you prefer energetic sociable giggly weed or knock out sitting on the sofa weed?

Comment

Thanks all. I am surprised and pleased at all the responses. Great advice on the seeds-thanks. As far as preferences, I don't know - no experience. Believe it or not, growing up in the 60's I never tried it, joined the military (24 yrs), retired and immediately got a government job for the last 20yrs. So I have had to pee in the bottle at least once a yr at unannounced times (sometimes more) for the last 40 yrs +. Soooo I haven't used it but I retire retire (for good) in a few months, ergo no more tests and a mj med license coming soon. I am thinking (based on reading) that I'll start with shorter (in height) strains with medium/high THC. But haven't decided yet. Anyone have any recommendations? My issues include foot/leg neurapathy, multiple myeloma and appetite enhancement; plus I'm sure the buzz will be a bonus.

Comment

Working...
            X