Being carefull

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being carefull

So having dealt with the feared and dreaded spider mite dilemma in the past I have been careful in my grow area and all was well and then - I brought two new clones home. I had been advised to spray everything new before placing them. So I got in a hurry and did not do that - bad move!! So now I am dealing with critters again and have sprayed them with neems and have learned a valuable lesson or two. First lesson - be real careful of where you shop. Lesson two - spray everything before you put them in your grow area. I have had problems with the shop I go to befor. Owner claims to know cannabis inside and out - but ask a question and he can't answer it. This is the second time I've had a bug issue and one hermie issue with this place. It was close and convenient but am finding out - not so. I will be looking for a new shop and am told there is a new one in the area that actually can answer your questions as well as supplies - cool. For a weed I'm finding they sure can have problems so having a good place to shop is a bonus. Thought I would share this lesson with all - slo-han

That happened to me before too, Slo. I bought 6 clones from a local dispensary, didn't check them closely enough and brought home to my grow area a bad infestation of mites on all of them clones. I was so mad when I discoved them weeks later. I almost took them back and shoved them down his throat, but thought better of it.

Best to of had a good eye piece and held them up to the light by the cube they were in and examined them real closely. A valuable lesson learned that day 4 sure. Never buy clones without taking the extra time checking under each and every leaf and getting a guarantee in writing from the dispensary owner that they are bug free.

I ended~up buying several products to rid them of the mites and found one product that finally did the trick called "Floramite"

Comment

Someone i help out with their grow was given some clones and he brought them home, 2 days later big infestation. Told him no wonder you got them for free cause they just wanted to get them the hell out and let someone else have the problem. Need to 'weed' out these type of people like this!!!

Comment

Funny thing about those types - they know so damn much, and then hand you a free bunch of bugs>

Comment

Don't know what it is like where you live, but we have a real glut of ladybirds this year. Ladybirds makes an excellent biological pest control. They are great predators and love to keep your plants free of wee critters.

Comment

I have used lady bugs before on my roses. They do great, as well as some spiders - the only down fall to the spider is there insistence on making a web. Both of these critters have been known to get pissed and bite - slo

Comment

Ladybugs work great but they will fly towards the light. So unless your lights are covered then the ladybugs will fry.

Comment

I feel for you Slo, I hate those damb bugs! Mega

Comment

Feel no longer my friend - lesson learned, they are all outside and healthy at this time. Will clean up the grow area and prepare for the fall grow. This can be a demanding hobby and am learning for the time spent one should try for max amount one can - will be expanding for next fall for sure - peace - slo-han

Comment

Working...
                  X