Problems with seedlings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with seedlings

I'm having a problem with my soil holding moisture after what seems like a complete overkill with water. I had about six germinate and were awesome, I was plenty excited to get them going only to later find they had shriveled right up. I kicked back the lights some and watered a little more... Still getting the same result. It's almost so stupid that I'm pissed I can't figure out the problem. If anyone has an idea what the problem could be, feedback would be greatly appreciated!

-BlizzyTime

What type of soil are you using, can you take pictures so we can see? What type of light are you using? How far away is the light from the seedling?

Comment

I'm running on a somewhat cheap set-up lol. Right now I've just got one 5000k light going, but also have two 18in lights on the sides. After I noticed the seedlings burnt up I decided to try and just run the one top light. As for soil I'm just running an organic mixture because I prefer organically grown stuff more than ones grown while using a wide variety of chemicals. But I went out and got new soil to try and planted a seed late last night. I bought a little thing to measure to moisture in the soil too. I guess it's still too early to tell what's gonna happen with this one but my fingers are definitely crossed lol

Comment

Try just measuring the soil moisture with your finger. Stick it about an inch or two into the soil.....
        Is it damp? - do not water.
        Is it dry? - give some water.
        Over watering is a much more common problem than under watering. Cannabis plants can handle a little bit of drought.

Have you mixed any perlite or vermiculite into the soil? You can buy this fairly cheaply and it will help with drainage and oxygenation in the soil. Mix in about 30% to soil.

Comment

The one I planted the other night should pop through the soil sometime today or tomorrow. It seems to be holding the moisture pretty good this time around. I still give it a light mist every so often to ensure it's good.

No, I had not mixed any. I'll definitely have to check it out and do it for my next few seedlings and see if it helps my cause lol

Comment

pics + questions = feedback

Ya man, upload some pics and mek we help u

pics + questions = feedback

Comment

Working...
            X