Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rasta on board

Hi everyone! New Rasta On Board )

Took a few days to be able to write but here I am. (I am a bit dyslexic, so I split every line. Please bare with me for the longer paragraphs)

Reason I'm on the site is to find help with my project. FIRST TIME EVER SO I'M ALL EXITED

My plan is 5 healthy moms (or more if they all come nice) so I can have allot of kids out at summer school

I was given 1 plant who I call "Pinky" and started some seedlings I've collected over the past few months.

I've read posts from allot of members on the site.

I bought Riley's GEM while waiting for my registration to pass.

I've learned allot just reading and I think I came to the right place.

Hoping to find some help with my project.

started off with one female Pink Freezeland baby 20$ and 10 seeds.

I now going to upload a couple pics and return in the next few minutes (once i figure out how to show the pics)

Rastafari,
    Last edited by FREEZE LANDER; 03-29-2014, 09:55 PM. Reason: fixed typing errors

My Babies, 3weeks: Upcoming seedlings This is Pinky (5 or 6weeks)
    FREEZE.jpg UPCOMING.jpg PINKY.jpg

GOAL: FEW HUNDRED PLANTS OUTSIDE THIS SUMMER.

STEP 1. MAKE AT LEAST 5 HEALTHY MOMS
    STEP 2. MAKE LOTS OF HEALTHY (FEMALE) BABIES
    STEP 3. THE GREAT OUT DOORS

CHALLENGES:

1- LIMITED SPACE
    2- BROKE AS FUCK
    3- FIRST TIME EVER

PROBLEM 01:

Pinky was about 1 month old when she was given to me a few days earlier. She had about 4 sprouts showing up and her big leaves were already going yellow.
    Stress? or maybe time to pinch ? I ruled out stress when i found spiders on her last week. I have (successfully) been treating her with dish soap.
    I wanted to know if the bottom leaves and middle ones were important to keep and howlong to wait before pinching.

So I came here looking for help but it took 3days just to get permission to post anything.
    Scared to lose Pinky, yesterday I pinched them bad leaves off. I Had no choice, to me it seems they were draining her.
    Today she looks like a normal plant but that's what she looked like when I got her minus 3 leaves so I took pictures with my cellphone.

I have no fertilizers, don't want chemicals, my pockets can't do more than 100$ this month.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET ANYONE HERE TO HELP ME WALK THROUGH THE STEPS ?
    Last edited by FREEZE LANDER; 03-15-2014, 01:54 AM. Reason: Details added

Comment

"Freeze Lander"

You made it. Ok, first off you use the word pinching twice in your post. Pinching is a growth training technique used to train your plant to grow a certain way and you'll need to get the plant stable and growing healthy, before you start training it to do what you want from it.

Pinching leafs off, in essence means your removing them, so you can just say, you trimmed them instead, not to confuse anyone, like myself.

You say your not using nutrients?? Cannabis needs certain nutrients to grow healthy. My best advice to you, is to get some veg nutrients asap and start off slow with them, at quarter strength, get your plants healthy first, feed them and wait till they start showing good healthy new growth, before you try using the pinching technique on them.

I use Fox Farms, Grow Big for veg and costs around $20 a bottle, or so to keep plants healthy, thru veg. When you post again, let us know (what is in your grow medium), what it consists of, the best way to get help here is to give (all) the details you can, of your grow, for best results from us, here, ok?

Like I mentioned to you in the chat box, you might want to pick~up some neem oil to get after those mites, Spray bottle the neem oil, up under all leafs, every 3rd day till they are completely gone. The better you spray, the better results you will have with them. Don't miss any spots, as they can come back and really mess~up your grow. You can cut out the real bad areas with webs as you mentioned in the chat box. Cut it out and spray the rest reeeeal good, under all leafs, that's where they hang~out. Good Luck.

Comment

Hey Freeze - the soil your in, does it have any natural nutrients in it? I grew a plant with hardly any natural or chemicals and had problems. Blaze is spot on. Get some neems and get organic nuets. Once you get "the bug" they are hard to get rid of. There are other ways but neems works - slo

Comment

Freeze land Blaze has already beat me too it and all his advice is sound bro, the only otherthing is remember these are weeds we are talking about and thrive on neglect and dont over water as this is 1 of the biggest mistakes i see people making, anyway all the best Lollipop

Comment

MARCH 18 update:

All the spiders are gone. Dish soap worked so i didnt buy neem oil.

I did find these products at a local hardware store...

15-52-10 plant starter for 13$ to feed and 0,1-0,04-6.5 seaweed based fertilizer to spray

So I gave it some time and took some pics... (please visit my albums)

Pinky: members/freeze-lander-albums-pinky-march-18.html

Others: members/freeze-lander-albums-freeze-land-march-18.html

Pinky looks allot better. But I am still very worried for her...

Feedback is much welcome

As for pinky.. I'm wondering what leaf would be next in line ?
            Last edited by FREEZE LANDER; 03-18-2014, 10:21 PM. Reason: .. Added links to photos.

Comment

Freeze

Looks like the first set of photo's of your plants, showed they were about half dead, with several problems like a big phosphorous deficiency, mites and a tad of nutrient burn on the tips of their leafs. Could of been phosphorous deficiency at the tips too. I don't know what you were feeding before. Mites will leave those tiny spots.

Good thing you grabbed some 0,1-0,04-6.5 seaweed based fertilizer to spray, that looks like it did help.

The 15-52-10 plant starter, that you got with high phosphorous (52) is what saved your plants. Just go easy on it and you should be fine for veg. You'll want to get some bloom nutrients when they go to bloom. 12/12. They do look way better now. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by slo-han View Post
                Hey Freeze - the soil your in, does it have any natural nutrients in it? I grew a plant with hardly any natural or chemicals and had problems. Blaze is spot on. Get some neems and get organic nuets. Once you get "the bug" they are hard to get rid of. There are other ways but neems works - slo
                Yes, got them "dirt cheap" @ Dollarama (it's not promix but it has all the essentials for green plants in/out.

but pinky is different. she was given to me. I've added some of my own soil on top and that's it.

Comment

The essentials - did it have nitrogen in the essentials? Some times "ready mix" type soils are a bit harsh on young weeds. Got neems? slo

Comment

Originally posted by slo-han View Post
                    The essentials - did it have nitrogen in the essentials? Some times "ready mix" type soils are a bit harsh on young weeds. Got neems? slo
                    here is what's in the bag.

Peat Moss
                    Humus
                    Perlite
                    Limestone

Comment

So this morning I feed my seedlings for the first time.

I also adjusted the plants to have an equal distance to the light and brought them closer to the source. (45w neon florescent)

I am hopeful that ELVIS AND BIGGIE are prominent and I put them separately.

Other seedlings are looking normal (I think). It's Pinky that i am worried about.

I uploaded pics a minute ago... visit my march 19 albums and hit me back if you can.

https://forum.howtogrowmarijuana.com/members/freeze-lander-albums.html
                      Last edited by FREEZE LANDER; 03-20-2014, 05:04 AM. Reason: added links to photos

Comment

March 26 - UPDATE:

Hi

so it's now time to update my post...

As you can see, I have transplanted everything.

I have given names to every plant.

Charlie, Lassie and Capt.-H are about 4 weeks from seed.

Biggie, Elvis and Tupac are about 6 weeks from seed.

All of them had massive root systems so i bless them with bigger pots. It was 4 days ago.

Tupac didn't enjoy the transplant as much as the others did. His leaves went down like if he had too much water.
                        But he is now looking better since yesterday's 24hr light cycle.

Q1: Can you look at all the plants them leaves ?
                        Some leaves from my older guys is showing early signs of (I DONT KNOW WHAT TO CALL IT).
                        Q2: Should I keep them on 24 to make them drink? or give them some dark hours to make roots?

Q3: Can house lights help ? I want to heat up the plants to make them drink a bit more. But I don't want to burn them.

Pinky: I suspected maybe the soil she's in not so good so i decided to give her some fresh soil.
                        Pinky's root system was weak before transplant. In fact, she hadn't even bursted her jiffy bag.
                        So I cut it open a bit and set her free in her new home.

I hope to get a feedback from everyone for my 3 questions.

My plants are looking good still but i smell a bad vibe and i want to detect it early.

Last edited by FREEZE LANDER; 03-27-2014, 02:59 AM.

Comment

They all look pretty nice there bud except that one that looks to be getting quite beat on and if it was me i'd say fuck it and give it a good flush then giver nutes in small doses and see how it reacts.

Comment

Pinky is sick again

Pinky is a really sick plant. she loved the dish soap treatment. she loved her new soil. I dont know why, but the spiders keep trying to come back like every week or so. The poor plant seems to be taking soo much beatings man!!!

Ever since she was given to me and I having trouble with her. Yesterday, I found new spiders emerging. so I extracted her from the others in the garden for another soap treatment. Now what ?

I may just flush her medium and throw her roots in a glass of water for a few days. If all fails.. I will have to kill her

Comment

Someone answer Q1, Q2 and Q3 please:

Originally posted by FREEZE LANDER View Post
                              Hi

so it's now time to update my post...

As you can see, I have transplanted everything.

I have given names to every plant.

Charlie, Lassie and Capt.-H are about 4 weeks from seed.

Biggie, Elvis and Tupac are about 6 weeks from seed.

All of them had massive root systems so i bless them with bigger pots. It was 4 days ago.

Tupac didn't enjoy the transplant as much as the others did. His leaves went down like if he had too much water.
                              But he is now looking better since yesterday's 24hr light cycle.

Q1: Can you look at all the plants them leaves ?
                              Some leaves from my older guys is showing early signs of (I DONT KNOW WHAT TO CALL IT).
                              Q2: Should I keep them on 24 to make them drink? or give them some dark hours to make roots?

Q3: Can house lights help ? I want to heat up the plants to make them drink a bit more. But I don't want to burn them.

Pinky: I suspected maybe the soil she's in not so good so i decided to give her some fresh soil.
                              Pinky's root system was weak before transplant. In fact, she hadn't even bursted her jiffy bag.
                              So I cut it open a bit and set her free in her new home.

I hope to get a feedback from everyone for my 3 questions.

My plants are looking good still but i smell a bad vibe and i want to detect it early.

Can someone answer questions 1 2 and 3 please ?
                              (dont want to hear pinky's problems here)
                              Last edited by FREEZE LANDER; 03-29-2014, 03:09 PM. Reason: specification

Comment

Working...
                              X