Hello from Scotland!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Scotland!

Hi folks, been growing for a while now and decided to come on here as I'm looking at trying a few new things! Have a large 2.4m by 2.4 me grow tent and four lights. I was very lucky that I basically just straight off copied a friends successfull set up and got cuttings from him. Currently growing white widow but previously had some reasonable success with trainwreck. I find white widow easier and quicker to attain yields from tho.

Currently considering adding a second tent as I just about have the space in my spare room. This would allow me to have a tent for veg and a tent for flowering meaning it would be possible to have a crop ready every 8 weeks and double my production. Also considering experimenting with some new strains and have ordered some seeds online.

Thanks for reading!

Hi there. Welcome aboard. We have a couple of Scottish growers on the forum. I'm sure they will say hi when they see your message.
    Sounds like you already have a decent set up there. Feel free to ask any questions from our growers, or to help out answering the questions posted by other growers. Enjoy your time on here.
    Peace.

Comment

Thanks for your response schmokin,

what strains do you grow? Iv ordered about ten different seeds. Can't remember what they all are at the moment haha. Berry bomb, lemon amnesia, master kush and berry bomb (my girlfriend wanted a purple one lol) are some of them though.

Comment

Hello Scottish Grower! I'm not a million miles away from you. Welcome aboard mate.

Comment

Cool. Where you at bro? I thought this was primarily a US site at first but realising there are a few scots on here too.

Comment

Hey there, Scottish grower. Like you ive just joined up on this site. I'm based in the UK in the west mids. Sounds like you have a good set up going and I would defo get that 2nd tent in so you can have perpetual harvests, you mentioned once every 8 weeks, but you could be harvesting every 4 weeks or less, its up to you. I've many yes growing experience so if you should run into any problems( and we all do from time to time) then please ask away, I'll help you out in way I can. Peace.

Comment

Every 4 weeks? Show your work haha

Comment

Originally posted by Scottish-grower View Post
                Every 4 weeks? Show your work haha
                Its all a matter of timing. If you're plants in bloom take 8 weeks, then you take the ones you have in veg and put them into flower when your first crop is only 4 weeks into bloom. Then when your first crop reaches 8 weeks, your 2nd crop is already 4weeks into flower, hence 4 weeks later you'll have your 2nd crop done. And so on. Obviously some take a little longer or shorter. Like I said all a matter of timing.

Comment

Could I suppose but it wouldn't mean more green overall I don't think. Looking to really maximise yields this year.

Comment

Hey Scottish Grower, am in the central belt mate. With all those lovely seeds I will probably be able to smell your grow from here!! I can see Fife if I walk for ten minutes!
                    The site is mainly US but there's all sorts on this forum. It's a real diverse bunch, which I find very helpful. The best thing about it though is there's none of the snobbishness I have found on other forums. Everyone takes time to help the newbies, instead of taking the piss and being rude. Mutual respect and that. It's the way forward bro.
                    The Greengrower has a point. It's nice not to have to wait 8 weeks between harvests. If you have two lights in the tent then it works even better as you can adjust the height and effectively make the tent into two flowering rooms. (even though there is no actual barrier) Light is always on 12/12, just feed in a new batch of clones each month. You would need to work out the timings with your new clone tent.
                    I'm working on starting a similar system. I only have one seed on the go (budget trouble:-(). As soon as she has produced some clones that are established I will flower her and then, when the babies are ready to flower, I will put them side by side in the same tent, but under a lower light. If everything goes to plan I can then keep adding to the flower tent and harvesting every 4 weeks or so. It's a bit eggs in one basket with only one seed, but you've got to try eh.
                    I'm setting up a clones station in an old fridge. Will post some pics when it's up and running.
                    Good luck with your grow mate.

Comment

Iv got like 8 lights the now. Only using two at the mo but puttin another up and next few days and the others will go in tent 2, which will become my veg tent. And my current tent will be my flowering tent. And that's all the new seeds in water. Goin in paper towels to germinate tommoro.

Comment

And could give you some white widow cuttings if you like mate. I will have more than I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottish-grower View Post
                          Hi folks, been growing for a while now and decided to come on here as I'm looking at trying a few new things! Have a large 2.4m by 2.4 me grow tent and four lights. I was very lucky that I basically just straight off copied a friends successfull set up and got cuttings from him. Currently growing white widow but previously had some reasonable success with trainwreck. I find white widow easier and quicker to attain yields from tho.

Currently considering adding a second tent as I just about have the space in my spare room. This would allow me to have a tent for veg and a tent for flowering meaning it would be possible to have a crop ready every 8 weeks and double my production. Also considering experimenting with some new strains and have ordered some seeds online.

Thanks for reading!
                          Welcome Scottish-grower!

Lots of good solid folks here, hope you stay awhile and share your adventures in growing with us.

Comment

Could deffo take some of them. When will they be ready?
                            I would like to do a swap with my Black Diesel if you like, but they will be a few weeks yet.

Comment

Hey Scottish grower I too am from Scotland but quite a bit up north !!! I have recently started growing northern lights and sour jack I think it's called ? I have my light etc and a fan and it's auto fem seeds I am using I know there are different times for different strains/seeds I have mines on at 20 hours then 4 hours off daily the seedling is quite tall roughly 6-7cm and has 2 leafs one at either side just need a bit of avice have looked at literally lots of forums etc but some friendly advice to a highland will be much appreciated !!

Comment

Working...
                              X