Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy ya'll!!

Howdy Ya'll!

I'm a 33 year old father of 5 and am looking to put together a grow room because; well, weed is not in the family budget. Lol. I need some help with getting everything set up properly. I've been reading several forums for a few weeks, and would like to call this place my home.

Let me give you a rundown of where I'm at currently. Budget is $2300.00. I have absorbed mountains of knowledge on Hydroponic growing, and think a stealth grow of 4 plants will work in my 14ft X 8ft storm shelter. I am going to frame up the cellar and run an electrical sub panel just for the grow cabinet. It will be a tight fit; however, I've drawn up the blueprint to include:
    48"l x 48"w x 60"h veg/flower chamber
    24"l x 48"w x 60"h reservoir/storage
    24"l x 36"w x 36"h seed/clone starting chamber
    24"l x 24"w x 36"h cure box

i will upload the blueprints once I get home. I'm a truck driver so I'm gone 6 days then home 2. My wife will be doing the daily upkeep as she is a hard working housewife.

Sorry to keep rambling, but I have so many thoughts going on. What I need to know at the moment is...can I run 4 bubble buckets and scrog in a 48"x48"x60" chamber? Also, is my seed/clone box big enough to start 8 plants and grow them until I find out their sex, then move them to the big chamber?

thanks in advance for any help!

Hi your Lordship. Welcome aboard
    You certainly seem to have done your homework, and that's always the best way to start.
    First off, your budget should be plenty to get you what you want. I started out on a very low budget and still managed so with this sort of investment you should definitely be able to be self sufficient in weed :-)
    In answer to the question about the 4 x 4 space, yes, that should be plenty big enough. SCROGS put you in control of the size so you can make it happen. It might be that you end up wanting to grow some monster SCROGS in which case you can just put in fewer plants to the same space, But for starters, yes, four buckets sounds great.
    I reckon your clone space will be big enough too. Definitely for 6 plants so you could easily squeeze another two in there until you see what you have. Remember though, if they are clones there will be no need to determine their sex as you will be guaranteed females.
    Couple of questions for you -
    What sort of lighting will you be using?
    I see that you have just one main chamber. Do you plan on having a rotational system that keep delivering a few plants every few weeks? or a system where you flower a whole batch together and then start again?

Comment

Working...
    X