Trouble Sprouting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Sprouting

I am new to growing and I am having trouble sprouting germinated seeds. I am growing in Espoma organic potting mix, about 1/4 inch deep, 75 degrees, lightly moist in a seed pan with a clear cover. I germinate via the damp paper towel method.

Originally posted by badger View Post
    I am new to growing and I am having trouble sprouting germinated seeds. I am growing in Espoma organic potting mix, about 1/4 inch deep, 75 degrees, lightly moist in a seed pan with a clear cover. I germinate via the damp paper towel method.

Hello Badger

You could try a seedling heating mat, or regular heating pad on low, (covered with a hand towel), under your tray. That will help increase the moisture inside your cover. Also you will want the vents closed if it has any. The warm moisture should help get them started if the soil is not too wet. Good Luck.

Comment

I have a seedling heating pad but the soil was way over 80 degrees. I will try with the towel covering the pad.

Thanks !

Comment

Hi there Badger i myself use Beast pads from chemist to germinate all my seeds and dont seem too have any trouble usauly get 100% germination rate in airing cuboard, but have now progressed onto clones now, i still germinate what seeds i want then clone the hell out of seeded plant, this also saves me money as you only keep what strains you want and at the mo im trying too start some sort of clone bank here in the UK where peops like us can email me and i will send clones free of charge, when i have any news i will post it up on here. So if anyone is interested keep your eyes peeled all the best Lollipop

Comment

Working...
        X