Did i screw up my first grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did i screw up my first grow

my plant is twelve and a half inches tall and has three pronged leaves and ive put it on 12 and 12 to get it into the flowering stage due to limited growing space have i screwed my first grow up?

i wouldnt think so, you could have turned it to 12/12 when it was twelve inches high, remember your plant will continue to grow once in flowering, some say it will double in size.

Comment

thanks for your imput just nervous being this is my first grow but im confident that i have a female judging by the little v shaped white pistils on the stem how long do you think it will be in the flowering stage?

Comment

also can anyone suggest a better plant food im using miracle grow but will switch to somthing better . Im sure i need a better grow light bulb im using a 45 watt grow light bulb from lowes can anyone suggest a reasonably priced bulb as i am not setting up a big operation just personal use

Comment

I used a 125w CFL veg right from seed in a small closet roughly 2'x2'x8', my reflector just fit inside with about a inch on each side to spare. Just put the 200w flowering light in lastnight and plan on adding the 125w veg with it. Check out the links for more pics of it. I also moved it to a bigger closet and everything seems to be ok so far.

https://forum.howtogrowmarijuana.com/...4725#post24725

https://forum.howtogrowmarijuana.com/...4727#post24727
          Last edited by Katzie_Wolf71; 01-30-2013, 11:41 PM.

Comment

thanks alot thats an awesome picyure im way behind you my plant is nowhere near as full as yours and only has threepronged leaves i was thinking of getting a 400 watt metal halide bulb tomorrow but im nervouse about the change in wattage dont want to shock it after all im amazed at the fact ive gotten this far i basicaly put a seed in some soil and up popped a beautiful little girl so im lucky so far hoping mine will look as good as yours

Comment

if anything the plant will love that 400w and really produce. Wont shock it at all far as i know.

Comment

thanks wish me luck

Comment

all the best to ya and happy growing

Comment

nice

at a seedling stage, the plant doesn't need that much light yet. its still not focusing on photosynthesis, its focusing on growing roots. most growers i know puts their seedling under a good light after a week or so. before that it will be just a waste of electricity. so your good to go men.
                    it won't harm them at all.

how big is your space?do you have good airflow? can you take the temperature? humidity? what kind of soil you are using?

In order for me to help you, you need to help me help you

pictures are also a big help.

Comment

looking for a simple and direct answer to a simple question can i put a 125 watt cfl grow light in a regular house light fixture and plug into 110 power outlet?

Comment

no you need a mogul socket for the 125w, only time you dont need one is with the smaller CFL's that you would use in your home.

Comment

thanks for your help my 125 watt cfl should be here monday and im getting mogul adapter socket tomorrow can anyone recommend a better plant food than miracle grow?im worried or maybe impatient because my plant isnt filling out yhe way i think it should but im new and inexperienced maybe it just needs more time ive put it in the flowering stage last week so im still optamistic hopfully the new light will give it a boost

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie grow man View Post
                            thanks for your help my 125 watt cfl should be here monday and im getting mogul adapter socket tomorrow can anyone recommend a better plant food than miracle grow?im worried or maybe impatient because my plant isnt filling out yhe way i think it should but im new and inexperienced maybe it just needs more time ive put it in the flowering stage last week so im still optamistic hopfully the new light will give it a boost

I use General Hydroponics and have heard good things about there nutrients and so far i am impressed. During veg i used Flora Nova Grow, and now im using Flora Nova Bloom since i am in flowering stage now and i also use General Hydroponics Kool Bloom and Floralicous Plus. Heres a link of the feeding schedule that i have been using. There's the Flora Series and Flora Nova Series.

http://jonsplantfactory.com/wp-conte...aste-chart.bmp

Comment

Your baby will love the extra light and will thank you for it.
                              How much bigger it will grow will depend on, among other things, what strain you are growing. Do you know what strain it is?

Comment

Working...
                              X