About to embark on 1st outdoor grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to embark on 1st outdoor grow

Hello everyone-a few glasses of wine have helped me have the courage to post asking for opinions and advice on the internet. While not entirely new to growing, I am about to try my hand at outdoor container gardening. It's been about 11 years, but I grew indoors for about 5 years and had to give it up due to.....life.

I live in North MS and plan to run maybe 4 plants in 10-gallon fabric containers. The seeds I have are Barney's Farm LSD and Acapulco Gold. After trying to do the chemical ferts/pH'ing everything and failing miserably, I went the organic route indoors and that's my plan outdoors as well. Barney's Farm soil with worm castings, bat guano, greensand, lime, etc. are what I plant to use as amendments.

My plan is to pop the seeds and veg for a while indoors, then transplant into the big containers outside. In my mind, I'm going to get a cart and be able to haul the plants around, though I realize that might be easier said than actually done.

I just wanted to introduce myself because I know I'll be back with questions. When I grew earlier, I had a forum I depended on and hope to find like-minded people here.

AG
Working...
X