Growing in raised beds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing in raised beds

I decided to grow my clones in my raised beds this year. The beds are 40" wide, and I have dedicated 20' of bed to 10 plants. My thinking is to LST (or super crop) plants so they grow in one direction, and then tie strings across the bed every 6" to kinda SCROG them. When they reach 4' long (horizontally) I hoped I could super crop them 180 degrees and grow them on another 4' back to their initial planting spot. The plants are spaced 20" x 4' apart.

The purpose of this idea is to stealth them, I have people coming to my farm on a regular basis (although they don't get too close to where these plants are). I planned to build a tent out of floating row cover to blur what is beneath it. Also, I have about 100 sq. ft. of Mojito mint right next to them (very pungent smell).

The problem I am worried about is that my tent can only be 22" tall on the sides and middle (flat roofed). I am worried that it will not be tall enough for the buds growing up out of the horizontal stem. Thoughts?

The first part of this is very doable. My only concern would be the 22" parameter. Top colas will want to go upwards and may exceed this. You can always keep tying down, but I would be tempted to modify the tent to be a bit taller, or stick in a row of something tall and quick growing along the edges of the bed. There are plenty of annuals that will quickly grow taller than that. Just a row down each side of the bed....
    This sounds like a great plan. Would love to see photos if you pull it off.

Comment

Working...
    X