No announcement yet.

Starting outdoor plants indoors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm waiting for my Dutch Passion Purple seeds to arrive from Herbies, w/ the bonus freebie Strawberry Blue? and Hawaiian Skunk seeds. I'll be growing, organically, from large pots among my tomatoes in Alexandria, Virginia. Germinate in the dirt outdoors? I believe the soil temp might still be too low here. Tomatoe seedlings wont go in the ground till May 1st or so. My real question is about timing. If the seeds go in the ground May 1st, will the plant not bud till October? How often should I fertilize w/ fish emulsion and blood meal?It gets very hot and humid here. If the plants start getting too tall what will happen if I top them? Once seeds arrive I will post a Thanks in advance for your responses.

Comment

better wait a couple of more weeks,we've still been getting some frosty evenings down in the low thirties in this region currently in the middle of may,pretty erratic spring so far,if you plant those in late may or early june,they may be ready by early or mid-to late October(weather and strain dependent of course..

Comment

Took a few minutes Sunday and clipped out the center shoots and bottom sucker leaves, Plants are about 18" tall. THC Bomb and Hawaiian Skunk are growing the best. Pictures coming soon.

Comment

Today is July 31st 2014.
          I started my seeds indoors mid April. May 14th I decided to take a chance and transplant them outdoors.. The Cream of the crop (My Avatar) is my baby. She is turning a nice purple and as you can see the stems are just full of buds. I will pull her out as soon as the leaves are mostly all purple, wash off the roots with a hose and then wrap the roots with a cotton cloth (Prewashed with a small amount of detergent and again with just clear water) Wet the cloth and hang upside down for at least a week. As soon as I hang her I will remove the outer leaves and stems so the THC will travel to the buds. After a week or so after grooming them, I will remove the bud branches and rehang them to dry. This is my plain, I do welcome any and all feedback. Pictures of the harvest coming soon. Keep on tokin

August 14/2014
          Cream of the crop done and ready to enjoy.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by New Haven High; 08-14-2014, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Hi there
            I have never heard of this method of wrapping the roots before hanging. Interesting. Can I ask what the rationale behind it is?

Comment

I was told that wrapping the roots with wet cloth would help the THC reach the buds before drying. Kinda like when you stand on your head and the blood rushes to your head.

Comment

Sunday August 3rd 2014

I decided today to harvest a runt Magnum. Here are a few pics of the harvest. I will use this little feller as an experiment One week upside down with moist towel, then cut off the buds, rehang to dry.

Comment

Monday August 4th 2014

I decided to change the way I will harvest my cream of the crop. The top buds are mostly all purple and the bottom buds are still green. So today I removed the outer leaves and will see if the buds will mature faster this way. Please look at the pics.

Comment

Working...
                  X