Help! / First time growers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! / First time growers

Hi. First, i'm french so sorry about the quality of my english. We live in Québec on the US border right above NY state. Its our first time growing our own weed so we only bought 4 plants. They are currently about 1 or 2 inches tall and in pots. We found some good spots outdoors near our propreties to plant them. There is a small river there and fields. Is it good to plants some in corn fields? Or on the edge of the river? Also, is it better to plant them in the original soil there or to put some we can buy in stores? Does it need a lot of fertilizer? Any other tips would be more than welcome

Thanks
    Last edited by Arreal; 06-09-2013, 05:03 PM.

Bonjour
    Corn can grow very tall and might shade out your plants. If you grow them in the field then you need to be careful to clear some corn around them. Along the edge of the field margins might be better.
    Next to a river is good as there is normally plenty of water available. Be careful however that the plants aren't in danger of flooding if the river rises after heavy rains. If you know the area you will know the specific areas which are prone to flooding after storms.
    As for soil. Natural soil is normally fine. You may wish to dig in some good compost and maybe some fertilisers such as blood, fish and bone meal. This will help.
    There is some good information on growing outdoors here. have a read and feel free to ask any more questions you might have.

Comment

Good info for you, from, Greany Meany. I would also recommend getting those fertilizers in the soil A.S.A.P., and get them started on a mild nutrient solution, at first, then you will be giving your plants what they need, to grow big, strong, and potent. Good Luck, and let us know, how it's going. You might also read about Nutrients needed for your plants, to stay ahead, on what you need to feed them, as they grow. Very Important.

Comment

I would not depend on the quality of the soil, near the river. It might have good moisture content, but Marijuana needs certain additives, that have to be in the soil to grow correctly.

Comment

Working...
        X