Should I defoliate or Not ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I defoliate or Not ?

Flipping to flower sometime next week. It's like a jungle in there lol. I'd like to defoliate , but it's a confusing decision. Some say do , some say don't . So now I don't know if I should , or shouldn't . Let's take an opinion poll.

A little is fine. Leaves are supplying good photosynthesis energy. They also hold nutrient reserves which isn't necessary as you are feeding and the plant never goes without food.
    So I say yes - a little.....

Comment

yes, but ONLY shaded lower parts so that leaves use sugars more than they can produce in bad lighting conditions. The photosynthetic balance is negative in that parts

Comment

I am a fan of defoliating. I usually cut off bottom growth that doesn't get a lot of light so the plant can use it's energy to focus on top buds. And trim any fan leaves that block bud sites so buds can utilize all the lights energy.

Comment

ok , thanks Guys

Comment

I say yes too. I remove the lower leaves that are in the shade and any leaves that block light getting into the interior parts of the plant.

Comment

Ok Guys , the site is still giving me fits , but I'm here lol. Thanks for the input. I've removed a lot of the lower leaves on two of the girls, and let one alone . . . Any ideas on how late to not remove anymore leaves ?

Comment

You can defoliate up to the 5th wk of flower. Just don't go overboard. A little goes a long way. I top my plants when they have 5 nodes then about a wk before flower I lollipop (defoliate the bottom 3rd of plant - give or take) if the plant is healthy. Then all resources go to bud sites.

Comment

Working...
                X