pH adjustment for soil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pH adjustment for soil

Ok just done a pH runoff test on my indica and it was showing as in the mid 8's? So i pH some water to about 5.2 and do another soil pH run off test with a pH soil probe tester and its saying its at 5? I have calibrated my pH pen properly. So i am just leaving it at this for the moment till i have to give her nutes. I flushed it good with 3 gallons pH adjusted water

Do you use a buffer such as lime?

Comment

I have pH up and down Schmokin. I was just wondering when using my pH pen, why the water showed way different pH with runoff compared to using a pH soil tester.

Comment

Originally posted by Katzie_Wolf71 View Post
        I have pH up and down Schmokin. I was just wondering when using my pH pen, why the water showed way different pH with runoff compared to using a pH soil tester.
        Hi Katzie,

I wouldn't trust the soil tester - it could be laying against a small particle in the soil that is extremely acidic. At least if you check the runoff with a cal'd water pH tester, you can make sure any debris is out of the sample and mix the water really well before testing.

jonnywatt

Comment

I was getting the same reading no matter where i pushed the soil tester in the pot. Next time i am going to use the pH soil tester and test run off with pH pen and also use the liquid drop pH test and see what happens. Next time though it will be nute time though. They've been flushed good so they'll be needing some nutes i am sure.

Comment

Yea I'd have to agree with schmokin, those soil ph (probe) testers don't seem to be very reliable at all. Doing what you're doing, using your ph pen is far more reliable way to test. Hopefully you've got ph in the root zone sorted by now and things are looking up.

Comment

Working...
            X