Potting Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potting Up

A lot of the stuff I read on line talks about repotting plants several times throughout the grow.
    Is this necessary and what is the thinking behind this? I was planning to just go with the same pot right through....

I normally transplant once. I grow from seed and once it has its first real sets of leaves i will transplant to whatever size pot to finish it off. Size of the pot will determine how big you want your plant to be. I used a 5 gallon pot indoors and had a plant just over 4 feet tall before i switched to 12/12 it grew a bit bigger in height. All depends on the strain too of course and if you top it. I don't like transplanting more then twice cause it causes too much stress in my eyes to the plant and a good chance of stunting the plants growth.

Comment

Pot plants are remarkable! I have taken root bound plant and take a knife to them, scoring down the sides of root ball and tearing the matted roots off the bottom! I never do this while the plants are in flower, but while in veg. I don't have any problem. Yes it may slow it up for a few days, but it will come back like a champ and stronger with more branches. This just my opinion! And opinions are like assholes, everybody has one! Good luck mega nute

Comment

I have to agree. It seems that the more abuse you throw at this plant the better it responds.
        As regards to potting up, I too do exactly as kwolf does. It's all just your personal preference whether you want to grow in 1 pot, or transplant up. However, the less transplanting you do, the less stress you cause your plant.

Comment

I repotted 2 times from seed so far, they are now females and very healthy. the more i beat them the more they thanked me so far.

When I see my crop I will tell you if this works for me. they are now in 8" pots and I am considering 12" at the moment as the roots keep bursting out> So far every week says buy me a bigger pot.

Comment

Hey Green Grower, good morning! How are you ? Been a slow morning for me, but today is day9 on my clear liquids. I am about to rob a grocery store and eat my way threw it! 6 more day's until operation! I put that l.e.d. On one side of the garden, shinning it towards the small buds on periphery of garden. All of them are higher and larger than before, as a rule I should not have growth this exsplosive! I still can' t get picks up as I have tried several times. I have a note out to Admin., I think twice now and still no answers. Well, hope you have a good day! Mega nute

Comment

I was looking on the forum to find out some stress techniques and ran across this post. I definitely believe that marijuana is a strong plant.it's naturally tough and engineered by nature to thrive in the wild under harsh conditions.

Comment

What do you mean SmokinSteve? LST? Low Stress Training?

Comment

Yes I was just looking for low stress training techniques. I found a helpful discussion in another forum.

Comment

The more abuse you can do to these plants the better they respond.. Although you do need to be careful though and not over do it. That said I've suppercropped mine several times all over the plant and the results are bigger buds. It can be quite scary to abuse the plant like this, but it really does make for a much stronger plant. So don't be afraid and whip that bitch good. She will thank you in the end..

Comment

Thanks for the response guys. I ended up repotting mine and I think it slowed her down quite a bit. In the end it was quite a squeeze and the pot she is in now has more compacted soil and doesn't have the nice drainage I normally like to have. You live and learn though. She's doing well now but next time I will leave her as she is.

Comment

I'm thinking about going from 16 oz seedling cup into 7-gal fabric root pots from Aurora next grow,.. they have handles for easy lifting and you can even get Velcro seams for easy transplanting,.. and folks who use them say flushing is a breeze,.. plus the added air to roots compared to plastic pots.

Comment

Working...
                        X