PPM info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPM info

What should the PPM be in a DWC with 75% nuits in the 3rd week from seed? Plants about 5" high. AK48.

I use General Hydroponics Flora Nova grow/bloom plus supplements from GH. I grow in soil and follow there feeding schedule that i found on their site.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: Feeding Schedule

Comment

I am running at 3/4 nutes right now with a ppm of 1400. General hydro gro, bloom and micro. My plants are flowering and older than yours.

Comment

@beav406. You're only 3weeks in from seed, therefore you want to be on the light side of feeding the nutes. At this stage about a 1/4 --1/2 of the recommended dosage. So you'll want your ppm in the range of 640 approx.
        I know you've probably heard all this before, but LESS IS MORE. and to remember that it's the light that is food for your plants,not nutes.

Comment

Another question, in my DWC the water temp dropped 5 degrees overnight, and my PH dropped 1.4 to about4.50. Is that PH drop related to the temp drop, or is there another problem? PPM is 650. Thanks

Comment

The temp change would not change your pH. might not be a problem, just re adjust your pH up a bit.

Comment

@beav406, you will get ph fluctuations as the plant takes up water/nutes. A few degrees either side of your sweet spot ( say 5:7ish)will not make a difference or effect your plants development, but you say your ph is 4:50, well,this my friend is a little bit low,and I would raise it to bring it back up to 5:7ish.
              And no, the drop in temp would not have affected your ph levels.

Comment

Man, my ph just keeps dropping and dropping. I add ph up every day, next day it's back down. I can't believe it's dropping that much just from the plant sucking water and nutes. I've got an AK48 and White Widow. The White Widow water is fine, it's just the AK I'm having trouble with. Got any idea's. First grow. DWC.

Comment

Working...
                X