CFL and leds from china

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFL and leds from china

.Well I have noticed that the 225 leds are causing the girl scout to get legs - now that would be nice except we are talking plants here. The cfl grow which has way many lumens is not leggy and quite bushy. I think the leds I have are about 480 lumens and the cfl's are way over that. Trying to do the pic thing so..........slo
    Attached Files

Those clones that are under the LED's? Or grown from seed?

Comment

Hey katz - they are all clones, the ones in the surrounding are the mystery clones that had bugs and the center is also an older clone by maybe a week. It came a bit leggy and am wondering if this is normal for a gsc. Forgot to mention I added a 2 foot single agro beside the 2 leds. At 480 lumens per lamp there is not a whole lot there. My plan is to go outside shortly(month) and then reorganize my inside grow. The other is under dual cfl one grow and one bloom. Fying by the seat of my pants and making every mistake I can find. - slo-han

Comment

Should look into DIY CFL So many different ideas you can get like..........
        70462.jpg

Comment

OK - Katz - this is a cheap china led experiment - I have a cfl going already with the train wreck. I want to know how much if any the leds from china have improved with "the new improved" version. The lumens are a bit week(my opinion). So far the GSC is the only one that started out with led - it's getting leggy - the surrounding plants came from agro to led and they are quite thick for their age. If I change things I wont have a good review for future enthusiasts. I am seeing some things I don't like and some I do - more at eleven slo

Comment

Ah I see said the blind man to his deaf dog...............have fun with your experiment bud.

Comment

OK, the day was a doozie - I put the GSC and one mystery clone outside for a while - will see what up later! They got some mass lumens, now, did they get sunburned? Isn't life great?

Comment

If you notice your cfls are white, whereas your leds are reddish blue.

A dominant Red spectrum causes stretch, whereas a white dominant spectrum make tight nodes

R/B spectrum lights are only good as supplement lighting: although they are sold for growing mj, they are for general indoor horticulture. MJ is a fruiting plant, and needs a full spectrum to provide max goodness

If you are handy use the DIY Led thread on this site and make 1-2 NW/WW COB fixtures and add them in the led side, or go to HD/Lowes and get a cheap 3 bulb vanity fixture + 3 Cree Spot/Flood Lights @ $19.97
                Last edited by PhatNuggz; 03-29-2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the input phatz I'm here to learn. When I bought my leds I bought ones that have white and amber leds as well as red and blue. Although one is predominant on the red and the other blue thay also have the above mentioned. I thought about that when I ordered them. The addition of one single agro tube pretty much fills the spectrum I'm looking for(I think). As stated I'm here to learn and this is an experiment. The plants have taken to the rotation well and only one is leggy - I'm told that's normal for a girl scout?. Ya bring what ya got and what I got seems to be working. If I choose to return to leds in the future I will definitely step up on some better ones. The new and improved cheap china leds are addressing the issue of full spectrum - they don't have it down yet but one must use a little common sense with what knowledge one has. I felt the white was weak so added the tube - thanks again for your expertise and input. I also have a CFL grow going but find them to take up 4 times the space of leds. I have purposely keep the plant trimmed and small - I flipped it 3 weeks ago due to space - lots of buds on it - we will have to see - slo-han

Comment

Working...
                  X