Tips and tricks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips and tricks

Here's a tip I picked up (in Holland) a few yrs ago now. I would imagine many if youbwill recoil in horror at whatbim aboutbto say but bear with me. It involves spraying your buds, yes you heard me right. Spraying a solution directly onto the buds and not the leaves.
    You use a Calcium base additive only. I use Calgreen, which is Calcium& Nitrogen only. You mix at the ratio of 3-4ml per ltr water, to get an EC of 4 or thereabouts. Then when you first start to see buds forming start spraying. Spray just once a week, every week up until about the last 10-14 days.
    Because Calcium is an immobile element, it doesn't get transported around the plants system like other elements, this is why you need to spray it directly onto your buds. Calcium builds and strengthens the cell walls you see, making for a denser bud formation.
    Spray when lights come on when the temps are low.
    What about Budrot I hear you screaming at me. This was my initial reaction when I first learned of this, and was very dubious at first. But remember cannabis is nowt more than a weed which has grown outdoors in all kinds of weather for century's. I've been spraying every crop for the last 2-3 yrs now and never suffered any budrot. Just thicker denser flowers which = more weight.
    I use Calgreen, but I would imagine any Calcium base would do. Try it if you dare. It works.

@thegreengrower i have actauly heard of this one but must admit i recoiled in horror when told and never ever followed up on it, but love nothing more than little tips and love trying new things so when i get a chance i will give this one a go, im a real stickler for taste thats what keeps bringing me back too soil and soil grown ganja tastes so much better than any otherway of growing, so thats my next question does it affect the taste ? and if so how much, im running a couple of Blues Cheese cut very potent and lovely tasting bit of green.

Comment

I think as long as you flush your plants really well and dry and cure them properly you should have the taste you're looking for in that strain you're growing. My last plant was OG Kush and i used GH nutes FloraNova Grow/Bloom and about 6 other GH supplements and grew in soil and it had a beautiful OG Kush flavour.

Comment

@lollipop. So far I've noticed no effects of doing this practice on the taste. Like I said as long as you stop spraying about 10-14 days before harvest you'll be OK.
        And I have to agrer with you. Soil grown does taste better. I grow using both hydro and soil, the reason for hydro is the speed of growth and not so much the taste. Although hydro grown can be tasty just not as much as soil grown.
        I hope you give it a try and let me know how you get on.

Comment

@thegreengrower i certainly will let you know how i get on, it wont be for a while though, here do you ever get down this way driving im in Aldershot as i would meet up and give you a few good strains in clone, also have an impressive seed collection and only smoke good green now lol

Comment

SUPERCROPPING
            Here's a tip you may have heard of. But what is it??
            Supercropping is just the practice of twisting/bending /pinching of the plants stems. The idea is that you select the branch you want to Supercrop, taking it between thumb and index finger and twist and pinch, sometimes you can feel the tissue pop, but you want to cause some damage to the selected area. Don't worry about the branch drooping, as it will very soon repair itself. Cannabis is very good at repairing itself and will do so very quickly. The result will be a"knuckle ". This will make for a much stronger branch than before, and being able to deliver more nutes to the selected site.
            I personally do this to all my plant tops and it does give you more yields. Try it out yourself. If you feel that you've gone to far with the twist and pinch then you can just tape up the area and it'll repair itself very quickly..

Comment

LST or LOW STRESS TRAINING.
              This is just the practice of keeping your plants small and growing horizontal rather than vertical. This practice is useful when growing in SCROG, as your intention is to grow an even canopy so that the light gets to all the bud sites.
              So it's just a case of pinching out the top growth, or topping as others call it. To create bushier plants.

Comment

i hear you GreenGrower! I love super cropping! Oh, by the way I spent about 3 hrs looking at data and film clips both on the Canadian House of Commons and on our side they had meetings with Rep.John Mica also dem Connolly and Elijah cumming's of Maryland. Whatever you may think of Marc Emmery, (spelling ?) he got screwed and used! Just thought I would put my 2 cents worth in! MN

Comment

I see a lot of problems that people seem to have on this forum is cases of nute burn.
                  This problem will happen to the most experienced of growers and I suppose for people just starting out it can be frightening. However it's not that much of a problem, as long as you catch it early. And it's also very easy to rectify :- flush and then feed water only. This will put the problem tight.
                  I think this problem occurs because we follow the manufacturers guidelines for feeding. However we should hold back and give just 1/4-1/2 of recommended dosages. Your plants will thank you for it. I cannot stress this more... Less Is More.

Comment

That calgreen is in the UK only from what i see

Comment

Yea Calgreeen is a product made by METROP. I would imagine it's available online. But as regards to spraying the buds(as in my earlier post) I would think that any Calcium only nute, or calcium /magnesium only nute would do just as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X