max temp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max temp?

just wondering what the maximum temp for indoor under a hps would be, and do they really slow down and stress too much, how badly would affect the yeild?, unfortunatly my grow box sits at around 40degrees celcius during the afternoon. how bad is this for the plant?

thanks.

I have read and heard between 70F-75F, and i have also hear or read 70-85. Anything over 85F is too warm i think since my last 2 grows i never let it get over 85F and it all turned out well.

Comment

40C is way too hot and likely to kill your plants dead. Try not to let temps go above 30 Max.
      Try training your fan directly on the lights. You can make sure that the outlet for the vent fan is right by the light as well, so that it can pull the heat away. But really, if you can't get the temp lower than 40 you are going to have to reconsider your set up.

Comment

cheers guys, ive got it down to 33ºc so hopefully it picks up, is 33 still too high? i can try aim to get it lower if so. i was hoping to see more bud on it at the 5 week flower stage, maybe it slowed down completely while sitting in 40ºc+ during the afternoons for first 4 weeks of flower.

is there any tips or tricks you guys do before harvest? or is there anything to definatly stay away from?

also ive heard of, after flushing with clean water before harvest, a day before you cut the plant, to give it a final watering with coke? to shock it one final time?

any thoughts would be appriciated.

thankso!

Comment

I have trouble keeping my temp under control my ideal temp would be between 25-27c. When i first got my set up my temps were getting as high as 33c and 14c at night on occasions. My temps now range during the day from 20c-28c depending on the temperature outside and night i do not let it go under 17c now i have a heater.My ways of controlling heat is to open and close window to the outside i position opening as needed, room extractor fan filter close to light and a extra oscillating fan as and when needed.

Comment

ok so i should keep it around 30ish during the arvo'z. and around 17 overnight? does it need fresh air during the night? should i stop all fans during night if i have to? or is it recomended to have an osilating fan going a few times a night drawing in a bit of fresh air.

cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X