New arrival

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New arrival

Hello everyone, I'm trying to gear up for my first grow project and have a few questions. I've decided on a two door cabinet(HxWxD) 150x100x60cm that I'm going to divide into a 150x50x60cm flower chamber and a 150x50x60cm mother/clone/veg chamber. Flowering will be DWC as will the mother if i use one. i want to vent both chambers with one fan so i was planning on putting 4x10cm light trap vents in the dividing wall, 3x10cm passive intake light traps near the bottom of the veg chamber, and one 10cm exhaust in the top of the flower chamber. this op needs to be on the stealthy side so as far as noise goes how small of a fan can i get away with here and what type would be the quietest(needs to run a carbon filter too). im planning on using blackstar 135W LED in both chambers so im not worried about heat. Another question, if i didn't want to use a mother how big would i have to let my plants get before i could safely take two clones. I want to run two plants per harvest and i'm not holding my breath on a 100% success rate for my clones so ill need to take a couple. Any other comments or advice about the setup would be appreciated.

H there welcome if i were going too take clones i would let the plant grow up past its 7-8 node and then take viable clones from 3 node up as lower are weak and not good, also remember your plant has tobe mature before you clone as inmature clones cause low yields and other issues. The best way too tell if plant is mature is too check internode if they are directly opisite eachother then the plant is not mature enough too take viable clones from, i hope all goes well for you be lucky Lollipop

Comment

OK thanks, I'll remember that. I Think I might just use a mother though, it seems to be more forgiving. One more thing if you don't mind, do you think i should go with a 180w Blackstar for my flowering or is the 135w enough?

Comment

Thanks Viper, that seems to be the general consensus, I was just concerned about crossing the "too much light" line if it existed. After all that though, I think I might just get my feet wet with a LED PC grow. now the question is dirt or hydro? Anyone? I know soil is safer but i was trying to avoid the mess if possible. I've also heard DWC is hard to control on such a small scale so I don't want to bite off more than i can chew.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper
          There are some hydroponics setups that allow you to grow 1 plant in a self contained bucket ... It has the pump, air stone, air pump etc ... I was planning on having one of these to experiment with just to make sure I really want to invest into hydroponics ... I know I want to try it but the setup I want isn't something you just jump into lol

The LEDs are catching my attention but that will be something later, right now they are out of my price range :/

I would suggest good quality soil with any grow unless your pretty good with hydroponics, I've only been researching and learning about it so far and believe it will be easy to master

This Complete system includes:

5.7 gallon reservoir

3 gallon growing chamber

Pumping column

Drip ring

Drain level tube

Single outlet air pump

Clay Pebbles

“BIG” plant plug n play single bucket system

The individual complete system is 15″ across the top and 15″ tall and consists of a single growing chamber at the top with an integrated reservoir below. Seven systems grouped together build a footprint only 4′ across.

Dimension: 15″ L x 15″ W x 15″ H

Power Grower Single.JPG

Comment

Wow, seven systems only 4' across. I'll definitely look at buying or building something like that but for now I've decided to go with soil just to get a feel for it all. I can't stop changing my mind but i think I'm decided on a 2x2x4 (WDH) cabinet with four plants. Going with a 6" three speed MAX FAN on low(201cfm), my next question is should I run a 4" filter rated for 200 cfm or a 6" filter rated for 400 cfm? going with a 240W blackstar so heat should be no problem. Thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

Hey puff, patience, ya gotta get some. I got in a hurry and fed my plants a half solution of veg nuets and burned and had to flush it. Did not think about prepared grow mediums having some nuets already there. This is a game of patience, ah but the rewards.......slo-han

Comment

Just trying to get as much expert advice as I can before I go drop 800 dollars on gear.

Comment

Puff,
                  I hope to start a big grow in Florida, and estimates look like 15-20k for what I want lol.... I am trying to find out the profits a plant gives you. How much comes off a good grown huge, outside in a greenhouse will give you in pounds, and if any other growers sell how much thats worth in a legal market place

Comment

Just ordered ten Paradise Seeds Feminised Belladonna's. Let the games begin.

Comment

Hey Puffy... I wish you the Best of Luck with the Belladonna. I saw that plant online a couple of years ago and absolutely fell in love with it. What a Beautiful looking plant. Take Good Care of your Ladies and I hope to see some pics someday. Be Blessed and Stay Warm. ShyTownSlicker

Comment

A good friend of mine has been running Belladonna for years and it is some of the best ganja I've ever had. He says it is nearly bomb proof and a good starting place. I have all the hardware on order for my stealth cabinet and I will post pics once I start construction.
                        Last edited by puff_adder; 02-17-2014, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Still waiting on my Belladonnas. QLD AUS notoriously difficult to get seeds into. Made a smaller order of 2 x Barney's Farm Pineapple Chunk and had them sent differently, hoping for the best. Starting construction on my cabinet in the next week or so, as soon as I can. Will post pics asap.

Comment

Working...
                          X