Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selective polination, making ones own seeds.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selective polination, making ones own seeds.

1422.JPG1419.JPG1422.JPGHi all i dont know why more folk dont make there own seeds, its quite simple when explained properly, i have been doing it for a number of years as i got fed up with spending money on seeds when i had everything i needed except pollen, so i thought all the males i keep killing could be used for my own gain. First of all i had too find a very good stud male, strong good body structure and ease in growing, once i had done this i decided that i could take the rest of the over so i needed too think and quick, and then a freind said tome you only have too pollinate 1 bud too get anough seeds too keep me going, and he suggested the bags you get out of bakery s with see through window in, then choose the bud i wanted too pollinate then take some male polllen, but be very careful infact i would suggest doing it in a completely different part of the house as pollen get around so easy, put some inside your bakery bag carefuly and then take your plant out of flowering room and carefuly get thatt bag over the bud being careful not to let any escape or your seed up the whole plant and you dont want that, anyway once you have done this carefuly put an elastic band tightly round the bottom leave for fortnight then care remove bag and bobs your uncle seeds of your very own. I will put a few pics up just to get my meaning Lollipop1377.JPG

I've just had exactly the same thought as you.
    I've been growing from my own clones now for yrs and recently wanted to start a new line. So I sent away for some new seeds. With the seeds that came was also a few freebies of regular seeds of which 1 turned out to be a male. Because I only had the one male that's what I had to go with. Luckily I have females of the same strain ( Kerala krush). So I collected my pollen very carefully and applied to selected branch with a paint brush. I pollinated a Afghan kush along with Kerala krush.
    The afghan is 100% indica
    The Kerala is F1 hybrid of, ( Kerala x skunk) being 85% sativa- Kerala & 15% indica- skunk.
    So now I just sit back and wait for my own supply of seeds. Any info you could pass on to me would be appreciated.. How long do the seeds take to mature on the plant approx. Thanx.

Comment

Brilliant, I'm going to try the paintbrush method. A fortnight seems like an awful long time to cover a branch with the bag. But hey, I'm not one to argue with success. If it works for you that's all I need to know.

Comment

@joker1952 hello there my friend. Just remember to isolate the plant you want to pollinate from all the others else you'll end up pollinating more than you wished.for. I did this clumsy stupid mistake myself just recently all because I was in a rush. Still,I will have an abundance of seeds.

Comment

Thanks greengrower. I would not have remembered to isolate the plant. This will be a future project as I usually buy feminized seeds.

Comment

I was reading _Marijuana Hydroponics: High-Tech Water Culture_ by Daniel Storm and found something I'm going to try next grow to get some seeds. He said that if you use a 8-11 hour daylight period (when going into bloom) 25-45% of the plants will show male flowers. If the plant is pollinated with the male flowers the seeds will all be feminine.. If you don't want any male flowers use a 12-14 hour daylight period.

Comment

Working...
            X