2 wks yellow leaves purple stems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 wks yellow leaves purple stems

I started my seeds in jiffy cubes and transplanted when they sprouted into Black Gold Seedling mix. They started real slow the first week but where a nice green color and now there yellowing in week 2 (14 days). No nutes yet and I'm wondering if this is appropriate? When is a good time to add nutes to plant and what to use? It's a CFL grow with 5 -23 watt- 6500k bulbs and small reflectors. In a 36x22x60 tent with a carbon filter exhaust at top and a 4" CPU fan for fresh air at bottom. I have a circulating small fan inside aswell. Purple kush feminized seeds and they all have a purple stem. I'm wondering if this is a lack of nutes or just genetics? Only 2 are yellow and the other 2 are good. I may have over heated 2 so close to 2 bulbs for 4 days. But my main question is when is it the right time to Add nutes and what nutes? Any help would be appreciated

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
    I started my seeds in jiffy cubes and transplanted when they sprouted into Black Gold Seedling mix. They started real slow the first week but where a nice green color and now there yellowing in week 2 (14 days). No nutes yet and I'm wondering if this is appropriate? When is a good time to add nutes to plant and what to use? It's a CFL grow with 5 -23 watt- 6500k bulbs and small reflectors. In a 36x22x60 tent with a carbon filter exhaust at top and a 4" CPU fan for fresh air at bottom. I have a circulating small fan inside aswell. Purple kush feminized seeds and they all have a purple stem. I'm wondering if this is a lack of nutes or just genetics? Only 2 are yellow and the other 2 are good. I may have over heated 2 so close to 2 bulbs for 4 days. But my main question is when is it the right time to Add nutes and what nutes? Any help would be appreciated
    Welcome! Vegas

14 days old. Now is when you start giving them a very mild amount of early growth nutrients. I use Fox Farms Grow Big 3-2-6 for my plants, in soil grows, for lush vegetable growth. Start out at close to and no more than 1/8, then to 1/4 recommended strength at this early stage of growth, after a couple feedings. Also check the wetness in your soil often, to keep from over and under watering them. Also you will want proper drainage in your containers for them too.

Fox Farms nutrient trio for soil grows has been my go to nutrients for several years, now and I am happy with their results.

Good Luck. Were here to help you, if you have any more questions.
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 12-08-2013, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I seem to have similar problem,but I believe I have overfed them and now panic is eatin my head,its been like 4 days since I first saw how theyr start the new leaves as purple. I have then flushed all the water out from the plastic grow set and add fresh new tab water,PH fixed with a litle vinegar,like that they stayed one night then I have again changed the water this time with a bit less vinegar. Next what I did i is to gently pick each one plant along with its sponge like medium and bate them in a tab water,after gently squeeze put them back in place. I am using Led very nice and powerfull light,I wonder if the light is messing up things as well...However I cant send pics right now ..if anyone is willing to help please do I surley need help.

Comment

Working...
      X