Aeroponic Cloner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeroponic Cloner

Hi everyone. Quick question on behalf of a friend who has been having a bit of trouble.
    He recently purchased an aeroponic cloner. The clones never took at all and he has always produced very well in the past. It turns out that he had the water spray on full time and it either washed all the clonex of the cuttings or just drowned them. He now wants to put the spray on a timer but isn't sure how long and how often to have it on for.
    Has anybody here had any success with an aeroponic cloner? How many times per day did you have the spray on for, and for how long?
    Hope somebody can help out here., Personally I have never used one so am unable to answer his question.

Hi Schmokin

Never used one before. But if he could call a hydro supply store, they should be able to answer those questions. When I was cloning, I had to keep the blocks wet, at all times, but not soaked, to get them to root. Vents closed, and a heating mat underneath. Moisture and temperature in the dome is the main factors. Personally I have never used one either. Good Luck!

Comment

Aeroponics Cloner

Hey Schmokin. I agree with Blazd4days, damp at all times, but not drenched. I built my own aeroponics cloner with 15x 180-degree jets on a 258GPH submersible pump. I ended up running it 10 minutes every 2 hours. Ambient temp in the tent was 76F and humidity about 65%.

You should start out by guessing at your run time based on variances in temp, humidity, pump volume, number of jets. If in doubt, start at 10 minutes every 2 hours. I would then check to see how damp the cubes are right before the pump starts again and adjust the length of the spray accordingly. Hope this helps!

Oh - by the way - some of the girls from my latest LED grow for your review.

Jonny
      Attached Files

Comment

Wonderful photo's. Incredible growth, and from LED lighting, WOW! That is some nice work, Jonny

Comment

Thanks Johnny. My friend has worked it out now and has some small clones that are thriving. I will pass on your reply to him though and he can compare it with what he is doing and work out the best thing for his set up.

Comment

Working...
          X