Up potting:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up potting:

Good morning from the Southeast: I am planning to up pot my two plants using Osmacote fertilizer. It has worked well for my Tomato plants, any suggestions on something better?

Hi Gwendolen,
    From a quick Google that is a slow release fertilizer? With that type of soil or fertilizer it can cause you to have deficiencies at different times because the slow release fertilizer you end up up having too much of one or too little of another nutrient for the plant. I have never used this I have made my own soil like others have. But you can look around in the outdoor section or indoor for organic which some will give you there soul recipe that's worked for them. Do a little research to make sure you give your plants the best environment you can soil especially cannabis like aeration in the soil and perlite helps with that. Here is a link hope it helps https://howtogrowmarijuana.com/how-to...uana-outdoors/
    Last edited by SoCal760; 04-01-2015, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks : That's helpful, I may put them outside ( in pots ) until I can't hide them any longer.

Comment

Hi gwendolen. Have a good search about on this forum. There have been lots of discussions about soil mixes and there are a few people's own mix recipes on here (Blazd4daze and Saturnalia spring to mind as having posted their soil recipes).
        Whichever way you decide to go, perlite or vermiculite is highly recommended to add to your mix, even if you just stick with your Osmacote.

Comment

Originally posted by gwendolen View Post
          Good morning from the Southeast: I am planning to up pot my two plants using Osmacote fertilizer. It has worked well for my Tomato plants, any suggestions on something better?
          Soil is a funny thing with Cannabis plants. They are very hearty and will try their best to grow under any circumstances, but certain soils work better for them than others. I recommend that you break down, find a hydroponics store that sells soils formulated for growing Cannabis and pick yourself out a brand and use it. Lots of people mix their own soils successfully, but you need to really understand the plant and what it's likes and dislikes are to know what you even need to put into your own soil mix. Typically, these big box store soils are not good for the Cannabis plant. In the beginning, I just couldn't believe that "dirt" could make that much difference and BOY was I wrong. The difference in the soil I started growing in compared to what happened when I started using the formulated soil is unbelievable. I drive an insane distance and pay $26 a bag for Roots Organics Original to grow in and though it's a hassle and expensive, it's worth all my time and money. Let me warn you that there are tons of different types/brands of soils out there, some better than others, so do your research and ask around as to what others are using and their experiences with it. But all in all, you can't beat that route. Good luck and happy growing!! TWW I live in the South East too btw. LOL

Comment

Working...
          X