Mixing 3w/5w

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing 3w/5w

HI, I just ordered a Mars II 400 LED thinking that I could use it with a BlackStar 180 watt LED Grow Light. Just noticed that the Mars has 5w led's and the BlackStar has 3w led's.

Anyone know whether I can run these in unison or should I just order another? They are both around 180W but have different wattage globes - 3w and 5w

BTW I just purchased on e-bay and then while searching for answers on Mars site got a much better price talking to the sales people in China (delivered from the same warehouse here locally)

I don't think that it will cause any issues. I run a King 1200w/ 6w lamps and a couple of the Mars 300 and they have given me great results. The Mars seem to be more blue-shifted compared to the King so when they are combined I think that the plants really like them

Comment

thx for the info gbauto - had thought it would be ok. but as I haven't used lights before, wanted to hear from exp growers!

thx again

od

Comment

Hi Oldfart. There's no problem mixing these bulbs. You can mix any lights, even different types like some HiD and some LED and some CFL. The plants don't care, they just want more light ;-)

Comment

Hello Oldfart. Ditto the previous responses. You can use a mix of any type of lighting. It won't cause an issue. The more light the better.

Comment

Working...
          X