What lights best for me...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What lights best for me...

Hey guys, I plan on using a 4x2 tent for 2 plants but am confused on what lights to use. Mainly i am trying to be as low key as possible, how many/ what kind of cfl bulbs would you recommend? Should I go HPS?

I'm my 4x2 tent I used LEC 315's which are somewhat expensive but do not throw off as much heat as others do. In my last tent grow I used two lights in the one tent, I had to manage the temp's daily though. I harvested over a pound of buds on my last grow.

Comment

HPS will get you better yields but cost more to run and create a lot of heat that you will need to deal with.
      CFLs will do it, lighter yields but easier to use. I have grown under a 250W CFL with a few smaller 20W bulbs placed around. I find this is the best way - 1 big one over head (125/250 or 300W) and as many small ones as you can afford placed around the plants.
      I have just set up a wee veg room with just 4 X 23W bulbs and a T5 strip light at 20W. This is working great for veg for lots of plants, but would probably only be enough to flower one or two plants at most. Flowering requires much more light power than veg. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X